Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update~4th of July~Date Night

Well, things have been going pretty well for Chris and I. We spent the 4th of July weekend in Idaho after getting home from Omaha. It was nice to be in Idaho for the 4th because I haven't been there for a couple of years and won't be for a couple more years. We had a big BBQ with family and friends and watched "The Biggest Show in Idaho". I'm glad Chris got a little taste of what my 4th of Julys were like growing up.
I asked my little brother, Brady, to pose like an Abercrombie & Fitch model.
He is a little too good at it.

Cute girls: My cousin, Maren (the redhead), and family friend, Rachel

Maren, Rachel, and I got matching tattoos. . . .
. . . while the boys played bocce.4th of July #3!

Since then we've just been working and starting to pack boxes. Its so crazy we have less than a month left before we head off to Knoxville. Chris recently got a side job tutoring someone in German, so its really nice to have a little (and I mean little) extra cash and it is also nice for him to be doing something with German. I've been stressing out a lot about packing, money, and other stuff like that, so my handsome husband has been keeping me going by constantly calming me down and going over how everything is going to work out. He's good to me and I'm lucky to have him.

Well, amist working and worries, Chris and I took Friday night to have a much-needed date night with just the two of us. Chris made me delicious lemon chicken for dinner, then he was good enough to let me pick the movie we went to. I picked Baby Mama. It was at the dollar theater, so I wasn't too worried about money if we had to walk out (I was a little nervous, considering both the stars are from SNL). But it looked really cute, so we decided to try it. To our pleasant suprise it wasn't dirty at all! It was really cute and quite funny. We both enjoyed it--yes, even Chris enjoyed it--so we had a lot of fun. However, Chris is still counting down the days to July 18th when The Dark Knight comes out!
After the movie we went to this newer ice cream place called Sub Zero. If you haven't been there you have to try it out! You get to pick the kind of cream they use and however many flavors you want and a mix-in. Then they use liquid nitrogen to freeze it and make your own, specialized ice cream right there in front of you! Its cool to watch and really yummy! We had caramel-marshmellow ice cream with peanut butter cups mixed in. We had to compromise, because if it were up to me it would be chocolate with chocolate and chocolate mixed in, while Chris would be all vanilla. But it was a lot of fun to try it out!

Well, nothing too exciting, but its been nice just to relax and spend time together. Our time here in Provo is getting short; we have so much to do! Not only packing and work, but so many people to see and places to go (and eat!). We're excited about our fast approaching future, but we're going to miss this place when we're gone!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

glad to see you guys had a good 4th of July. We also liked "Baby Mama" too. It was crackign me up when they were asking who was going to get an epidural! ha ha

Lanenga Family said...

Wow! I didn't realize how soon you guys were moving! And Matt and I were planning on coming out to go to a BYU football game and you won't be there! How sad, we are all moving away...Good luck packing, and try not to be too stressed!

WeBeR FaM said...

Erin!
I was so glad that you found my blog! Kind of a work in the making, but hopefully I will get it going! Right after I started making my blog my interent broke for a week! Well anyway I was also wondering how you had been doing! It has been a long time. It sounds like everything is going awesome for you! It was so good to hear from you. We will definitely have to keep in touch!
Mallory