Thursday, June 6, 2013

a Thursday.

Today was a Thursday not unlike any other.

We had a slow morning. I was up way too late last night listening to the Pens go to double overtime and lose. Awesome. Does the fact that I listen to sports on the radio make me old? A hazard of cutting cable, I suppose. We finally went tumbling out of the door, as Carly requested a visit to the library. We always going during story time, so it was nice to go when it was quiet. We skimmed the shelves and made a rather large pile to bring home. John kept trying to escape, and I picked him up and set him on his feet. And you know what he did? He walked across the room. What the?? Then all the sudden he was walking all over, this ridiculous chubby wobbly walk, and at the end he totally wipes out, but oh my, it was the cutest. I was just about in tears my smile was so big watching him. That kid, he takes his time but then he just does it. 


After we checked our books out, I decided we'd go on a walk, as I thought there was some sort of garden behind the library. As it would turn out, it was a Veteran's Memorial Garden. I don't know how I've been going to this library on a nearly weekly basis for 3 years and never bothered to go back there. It was beautiful, with a big fountain to explore, flowers to smell, an amphitheater to perform in, and heroes to remember. We spent an hour wandering and climbing and singing. Then it was naps and dinner out, where we managed to feed all 5 of us for $13.


I don't blog nearly as much as I used to, before the duo came along. I used to capture our every day antics, the boring comings and goings of our life. These days it is major events and milestones for the most part. But I think I'm going to want to remember the little things just as much as the big.

And today, I want to remember that it was a really nice Thursday.


1 comment:

Golden Girl said...

I love it when days are just good. Happy Thursday! :)
Doré