Friday, October 18, 2013

every leaf speaks bliss.

I have to say, in all my love for autumn, my heart has been a bit heavy these last few weeks. I feel like Michigan is slipping away. There is so much excitement in the months ahead, but still so much unknown. While applications are going in and dissertations are soon to be proposed, answers to what our future holds are still a ways off.  What I do know is that this life journey will always and forever be shared with my very favorite people. The other evening I went on a run. It had been a particularly hard mom day, and I ran my favorite trail. The sun streamed through the trees and every time the wind blew the leaves rained down on me. It was beautiful and soul-soothing, as it has been so many times before. One of my favorite quotes came to mind: "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." {Emily Bronte}. I decided to go back to that beautiful place and take pictures of my beautiful people.








What I really want is to stay in Michigan. I want the perfect university with the perfect job to be right here. And I want Idaho to be a few hours one direction, and Indiana a few hours the other direction. And I want winter to end in March.

Is that really too much to ask?

I know wherever we go, we will find happiness.
We have always been led by the hand of a loving Heavenly Father, and I know that will continue if we ask Him to guide us.

So here's to one more beautiful Michigan fall.
And here's to what's next.

4 comments:

Becky said...

You have a beautiful family, Erin. And you live in a beautiful place. Can't wait to see where the Lord places you guys next! Love you!

Tara said...

Beautiful, Erin. The problem is, winter's next. And I'm really not okay with that.
I think winter should end in March too.

The Apron Gal said...

These pictures are amazing. Seriously impressed. And your family is so beautiful! I love that last photo, and you look seriously stunning. Can't wait to see where y'all end up!!

Brianna Fisher said...

Awww, love these pictures! Good luck in the coming months! I know the uncertainty is tough, especially with kids, but I can't imagine you guys not having an adventure wherever you go!