Thursday, August 28, 2008

The House of Comedy's Summer Vacation

Well, before Chris and I left for our crazy Tennessee adventure, the Thomas family had it's annual vacation. This time around we went to Sun Valley, Idaho. We had a shorter stay due to movings in, movings out, and sports, but we had a great time being together--and consuming about $70 in chocolate in 3 days. Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful vacation!

Having a tender mother-daughter moment at the outdoor symphony.

A little lovin' at the outdoor symphony!

Michael and Camie being inspired by the music.

We also went mountain biking--for a long time. This was Chris's first time ever mountain biking--I'm glad he is still with me today. We started out on a beginner-friendly flat paved trail.

The whole fam

Then we rode the ski lift to the top of the mountain (with our bikes).

The scenery was beautiful--Brady is beautiful too. Then we proceeded to bike down the mountain on a trail that the ski lift operator said "wasn't too bad". Turns out he was wrong. About 5 minutes down I began to worry about my husband's beginner status (he is really talented at a lot of things, he's just never ridden a bike in his life). The trail was much more difficult than expected. About that time, I heard a scream and glanced behind me to see my mother's bike flying in the air; she had already fallen to the ground at some point. To make a long story short, my mom, Chris, and sister-in-law Camie decided to go back and take the ski lift down while me, my brothers, and dad decided to bike down (we used to mountain bike when we lived in Arizona). I had a blast. I fell off my bike once, as did Michael. My dad went over the handle bars twice, while Brady and Jason never fell. Needless to say, we were all sore, dirty, hungry, and tired when we got down.
Me and Daddy Brothers taking a break on the trail
The original Thomas kids

Well, it was a lot of fun and made saying goodbye to my family that much harder.

House of Comedy Summer Vacation 2009: How does Hawaii sound?

1 comment:

Jason and Jessie said...

Erin! Holy cow... I had no idea that you were married. It is crazy how when you move away you don't hear ANYTHING! You two look so happy together. I am so glad that you found me... now we can catch up!