Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Place for Carly

{Thanks for the input on my last post. Anyone who wants to add is still welcome.
We just got back from the pediatrician. Carly has a cold, which is good news
because I was starting to worry it was something more serious than that.}
~~
~~
A long long time ago when Carly was still "Lil", I took pictures of her room and planned to post them. I was going to title it "A Place for Lil". But I wanted to wait until the room was completely done. In order for it to be done, it had to have the name letters on the wall. But I couldn't make the name letters until I knew the name. And we decided not to choose the name until she was born. Therefore, I could not post the pictures with the title "A Place for Lil". So here are the pictures, with a more appropriate title.
~
I had a lot of fun putting Carly's room together.
We were on a pretty tight budget, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.
~
View of the first side as you walk in.
Yes, the glider is blue. But its the best $67 bucks we've ever spent.
The room gets beautiful light during the day.
Its my favorite room in our apartment.
And the cleanest.
Little side table complete with baby book, Carly journal, and reading materials.
This picture makes the wall look huge.
The letters actually take up the space rather nicely.
This is as crafty as I get, folks.
The crib bedding is the prettiest shade of teal.
In this room I did teal and pink, and
I'll do teal and chocolate brown if a boy ever comes along.
Craigslist changing table. I waited forever for a white one, but this one came along for $20 and its in really nice condition so we got it. I love it. So many people say a changing table is unnecessary but I use it so much. And I think with the white baskets it still "flows" with the rest of the room.
Same deal here as with the letters.
The mirror and frames actually fill this wall well, even though it doesn't look like it.
The above picture made me laugh. That was taken before Carly arrived.
This is what it looks like nowadays. A lot more messy.The frames on either side of the mirror have pictures of Chris and I when we were little.

Anyway, its pretty simple, but we love it.

A great place for Carly.

I can't wait until she actually sleeps in there.

4 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

it looks like an adorable place for a little girl to spend her time! good job!

The Fishers said...

super cute!!! i'll call on you for help when it's time to do Patrick's! :)

Laura and family said...

looks PERFECT and like you put thoughts of thought and time into it! if the changing table was really bothering you, i bet chris could strip it and make it white fairly easily :)

Taryn said...

So cute! I am getting excited to decorate our nursery. We finally find out next Thursday if it is a boy or a girl and then the shopping will begin!