Saturday, December 12, 2009

Do you think it will always be like this?

Do you think we'll feel like this for the rest of our lives?

Like, when she's twenty, will we look at her

and still think she's the most amazing thing ever?


That's what I asked Chris a few days ago as we played with our stunning Carly.

"I don't know," he responded. "That would be a good question to ask your dad."

"But I think the thing we see right now that's so amazing is she is so pure and innocent and perfect. I think that's what God does when He gives us a child. He shows us how much He loves us. I think we see her the same way God sees us."

Not a bad answer on the spot. Have I ever mentioned how amazing the man I married is? Kudos to me.

But that sentence "I think we see her the same way God sees us" has been rolling around in my brain ever since he said it. Its amazing to think anyone loves me as much as I love Carly, least of all an almighty God. But its true. He does. (Man, I've been a little spiritual lately). And it makes me that much more motivated to be the person I want Carly to be some day (does that make sense?). I've found parenthood plays with your mind a lot.

~

Anyway, we'll end with a funny. On Friday Carly went to her 4 month appointment. Turns out she's going to make us millions as a [modest] supermodel, as she is a tall and skinny baby. She is standing at 2 feet tall! Anyway, they gave her shots which was good and exciting. That night we went to the ward Christmas party. She loves being around people; she seems to find people watching to be rather entertaining. By the time the party was over she was exhausted, but we had to make a quick run to Walmart. When we got home she was asleep in her carseat, but needed to eat before bed so I wouldn't get a 2 am wake-up call. Here's what we got (sorry its so dark, hopefully you can still see it):

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Can you come to Indiana right now????