Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A few things.

*My baby has been a fussopotomus lately. That's C family language for really cranky. I can't figure out whats wrong. She seems kind of spacey too and I can't help but wonder if its from all the drugs I'm hopped up on (antibiotics, flu shot, H1N1 flu mist, etc . . . ).

*We [mostly] finished our Christmas shopping today. We traded off going shopping for each other while the other stayed home with Carly. Unfortunately, Carly's Santa is on a tight budget, so she won't be getting all that much from him. Luckily she has a lot of grand-Santas that like to spoil her. But honestly, her main interest these days lies in sucking on her fingers.

*Some times Carly sucks so hard on her fingers she gags. And sometimes she bites them so hard she screams bloody-murder. Is that normal?

*I made homemade mashed potatoes today for the first time ever. They were really good and not even that hard. Wondering what took me so long.

*I'm going to teach myself to sew. It looks like a fun and useful hobby. Two things I'd like to make some day are Carly's toddler bedding and family stockings (I can't find any I really like that don't cost way too much). Chris doesn't believe I'm really going to do it because one time I said I was going to learn German and I never did.

*Its cold outside and all Christmasy. This is the time of year we learned Carly was on her way (Dec 6th to be exact). Its also the time when I started getting sick. The cold reminds me of vomiting.

*But its not really THAT cold. I've been opening the windows the last few days to let fresh air in and I've been perfectly fine in my uniform of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I'm going to miss these Knoxville winters when I'm gone.

*Whats with Tiger Woods? Man, I cheered for you. What a pig.

*I was supposed to get a Christmas package from my mom yesterday and it still hasn't shown up. I love packages. UPS man, where are you?

*I got new jeans. Needed them considering I have big holes in the back of my other two main pairs, and my "fat jeans" are way to baggy now (yay!). They are tres cute and were on sale for $20. Love a bargain.

*Chris is done and home now. Its awesome. He completes me. I like the idea of him being a professor because then he has a "Christmas break" even when he's done being a student.

*Its really late, my baby's asleep, and I'm still blogging. That's crazyness. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I made mashed potatoes for the first time for Thanksgiving. Easy. But mine tasted like nothing as my five year old nephew explained to the entire family. Oh well. I think I didn't put enough butter/salt in. Now that I know they aren't so hard, I will try again. :)

Unknown said...

Boo for Tiger stuff. Yay for new pants! And yay for the professor life. I'm looking forward to that life too! And let me just remind you, that you baby is so adorable! (You didn't really need reminding, did you?)