Sunday, May 9, 2010

{3} here comes the sun.

The sun came out on our final day in South Carolina.
We spent the day taking long walks down the coast and playing in the waves.
A well-rested, well-fed Carly was much more interested this time around.
She was too much fun.
And way too cute.
We did learn one interesting fact about our daughter this day: she would rather eat handfuls of sand than a spoonful of green beans. I was seriously worried sand would come out in her diapers.
I love the ocean.
There is something majestic about it.
For some reason I feel the Spirit so strong there.
Something about the sand, the waves, the tide, and the beauty of it all testifies of the Creator.
~

Our final night we got ice cream cones (only I didn't get a cone) and walked along the beach at sunset. I have a hard time saying goodbye to the ocean. As much as I love it, we just don't have the opportunity to go as much as I would like. Our last visit to the beach was 4 years ago on our honeymoon. I said my goodbyes with my feet in the waves as the sun went down. I watched my handsome husband walk toward our beachfront hotel with my beautiful baby. And I didn't want our escape from reality to end.

It was a beautiful vacation.

{The end.}

6 comments:

Taryn said...

I love the ocean and beach as well! So fun to be able to take Carly. I am hoping we get to take Stella to Bear Lake this summer (that is as close to the ocean as she might get for a bit!) I am sure being there with the two people you love the most makes the visit that much better!

Lauren Davison said...

Oooh! I love that picture of the three of you from behind! So cute.

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

How fun you got to go to the ocean! What a great vacation! I also had a question for you.. I noticed the carrier you had Carly in, the Baby Bjorn,..do you like it? I think I will need a carrier for this next baby, but I'm not sure what kind to get. Thanks!

Jason Thomas said...

You guys can always come stay with us and we can go to beach everyday...

Cami and Juan said...

That picture of Carly with the colorful houses in the background... perfect. I'm so glad it got sunny for you guys.

Lanenga Family said...

I love her green polka dot swim suit! And you look great Erin! Glad you had fun.