Thursday, May 6, 2010

back in business.

We successfully survived our first vacation as a family of 3.
It was a little bit fabulous.
Actually, it was a lot bit fabulous.
A baby sure throws a lot of kinks into a vacation though.
{but honestly a baby throws kinks into every aspect of life. very sweet, fun, cute kinks}
I will do several posts over the coming days telling many tales of our getaway.
Mostly because when you do one big post, the pictures get all out of order and then I go insane trying to straighten them out.
Blogger is seriously user unfriendly in that way.
Anyway . . .
~
A quick matter of business:
While I was gone, someone left a comment on my most recent post in Chinese. I've gotten comments in foreign languages before and didn't think much about it. My brother got curious and used Google translate and found the comment was full of profanity. My sister-in-law then followed the link of the comment-leaver and ended up on a less-than-wholesome site. Ugghhhh. Dear Person who left that comment on my blog, you are all that is wrong with the world and I despise you. Do not love, Erin. Since I don't want my blog to be a source of accidental smut for anyone (so sorry Kasee), I will be putting the comments on "moderated" so I can approve any comments. Please keep the comments coming, as I love them quite a bit. I will keep the moderation as up-to-date as possible. It may be a temporary change, we'll see.
~
Chris reached the big 2-7 while we were gone.
Since we were going to be away from home, we celebrated the night before we left.
When shopping for myself, I like to find bargains . . . because then you can get more {obviously}. I've tried that tactic for Chris for nearly 4 years now, and it never quite worked out. So this birthday I went quality over quantity and got him just a few nicer gifts. He was quite pleased. It only took me 4 years to figure that one out. Go me.
We got the Pens on TV!
Carly was so excited {obviously}.
Blowing out the candles.
(excuse Carly's lack of clothes. sometimes they come off and never quite get back on)
ready for the future.
Chris said he wanted a birthday treat we could both enjoy.
So I used this recipe.
But replaced the yellow cake with Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies.
And replaced the Butterfingers with Heath bar.
Let me tell you, it was amazing.
Didn't even taste gluten free.
But it will put you in a coma.
I'm not kidding.

that is all. be excited for our beach pictures. because they are seriously cute.

5 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

glad you are safe at home and that you had a great time. can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. boo to the person writing icky things on your comment page. ick.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!

Laura said...

Yay!!!! I am glad you are back!!! I feel like you were gone foooorrrreeeevvveeerrrr. ha ha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!

I am excited for the beach pictures!! I need to see your new swimsuit. And of course Carly!

Laura and family said...

I can't wait to see all your pictures! So awesome :) GLad you are back!!

The Armstrong Family said...

I just wanted to let you know that we have also had those comments left on our blog many times....I think about 8 times and I delete them every time and they continue to come. I hope they stop because I eventually went private just because it started to worry me. Anyways, I love to look at your blog, it is always fun to see old friends. I hope you are doing well...your daughter is adorable.

Taryn said...

Ewww to the comment thing. I have heard of that happening, but I have never had it happen to us (yet). Hope it stops! But I am excited to hear more about your trip. Any trip to the beach is amazing in my book. Love the new header picture! So great!!! Maybe I will be seeing you soon :) I am kind of excited about it. We can take our blog friendship to the next level. haha!