Saturday, May 15, 2010

master of the house.

We made it out to Chris's graduate hooding ceremony on Thursday.
Did you know I love graduations?
Wait, not graduations.
What I love is academic regalia. The robes and hoods representing different universities and degrees. I find it fascinating. As I watched the PhD students get hooded by their mentors, I couldn't help but skip ahead 4 years in my mind and imagine Chris getting his green and white hood placed over his head as I sit with 4-year-old Carly, and hopefully her little sibling. Crazyness.



It was nice, especially since I sat through the whole thing while Carly wandered through the halls with her ma-maw. And the Mexican food following was even nicer. Chris sees this as just another stepping stone. The next step until the ultimate goal: the giant PhD hood from Michigan State. But Carly and I, we are proud of our boy. He worked so hard. He did so much.

Yes, we are very proud of our boy.

3 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

yay chris. cute skirt.

Taryn said...

Congrats!! One step closer to the end. School is great, but it can be a long road. We are just about to our halfway mark! Have a safe trip home...hopefully we can manage a quick get together while we are both there!

Michael said...

So exciting! A great achievement.