Wednesday, August 31, 2011

summer close-out.

For some reason, I'm extremely anxious for summer to end and fall to begin this year.
I'm the kind of person who looks forward to a season, and then is ready for it to be over when it has run its course. Thank goodness we now live in a place with all 4 seasons done appropriately.

But honestly, I'd live in a place where is was always fall, if I could.

But, I'm trying to enjoy the moment and still get some life out of summer.
This weekend Chris suggested we go swimming.
It will probably be our last swim outing, as I think our pool closes on Labor Day, and the temperature is kind of cooling off around here (I heart chilly nights). I'm glad we went one more time because it had been a while and Carly sure loves it.



It was slightly breezy and Carly was shivering her little blue lips off but she didn't want to get out. Towel had fun, too, as Carly and Daddy had fun throwing it/him/her across the pool. "Towel flying!".


Other than that we're continuing our daily jaunts to one park or another. Some members of our ward have a park-like backyard that they open to the moms of the ward on weekdays, so Carly and I head over there. It is not busy like a public park and a lot cleaner and more shaded. I love it.

They have a little climbing wall and Carly can scale the whole thing by herself.
In a dress.
It is pretty impressive.
Though one time her foot slipped and she caught herself.
She declared "I almost fall!".
It was pretty cute.


I know there are probably a few more weeks of summer ahead, but I'm welcoming September with open and excited arms (in fact, can we skip to October?).

Thanks, Summer 2011.
It's been real.

No comments: