Friday, October 14, 2011

a funny story.

Carly has three little chapsticks.
She carries them around in a little plastic Twins helmet.
You know, the kind you get soft-serve in at baseball games?
Anyway, she calls them "my make-ups", and I taught her how to put it gently on her lips.
Well, sometimes she is less then gentle and I end up wiping chapstick off her face and cheeks.
No big deal.

A few weeks ago I was doing my make-up.
Sometimes I let her look at my stuff while I do it.
Sometimes she draws on my neck with eyeliner and sometimes I forget to wash it off before we go to the store, but what can you do?

On this day she found my stick of green makeup that balances out red blemishes.
And she mistook it for her chapstick.

I wasn't looking, but she looked in the mirror and exclaimed:
"Oh, no! My face!"

I cannot remember the last time I laughed that hard.
And, yes, the real makeup was WAY harder to get off than the chapstick.

Happy weekend.

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Oh. my. HILARIOUS. LOVE IT!

Karen Thomas said...

hee hee. love that face. green or any other color. xoxo

Laura said...

he he he. She cracks me up. What a cutie pie. Eliza loves to look at my makeups too. Just today she broke my blush and the powder went all over the bathroom floor. le sigh....

The Apron Gal said...

hilarious! love it!