Wednesday, October 19, 2011

sweet things.

We just keep on keepin' on in the C House.
Chris has had the week from H-E-double hockey sticks and we are all counting down the days until things calm down after a conference he is going to next week. Halloween will be a celebration of many things.

Carly and I are hanging.
I've been doing better, and its a blessing.
Still sick and exhausted, but that's how I was the whole time with Carly.
I'll take it.
I am still on my meds, though, and hope to go off them this weekend.
Third try is the charm?
Fingers crossed.

We've had some sweet happenings around here though.

I found a cleaning schedule on Pinterest.
I've been doing it just over a week and love it.
Most cleaning schedules give you a million things to do a day.
This gives you one or two doable things.
I'm not much of a cleaner when I'm not pregnant, 
and you should have seen our house when I was really sick.
Yikes.
But I feel like the house has actually been pretty clean for a week.
Thanks once again, Pinterest.


I'm the world's worst baker.
I mean, I burn everything and make a huge mess.
Chris has even said I have a lot of gifts, but maybe baking isn't one of them.
Ha!
But he also says when it works out, it tastes good.
But I baked this cake 10 minutes less than the recipe called for because of by burning history,
 and it is still well-done on top.
Serenity now.
Anyway, here's hoping it tastes good.
Deux has been begging for it all week.

[aftermath.]

The mom of one of Carly's nursery classmates told me the sweetest story.
She said their family recently got a beta fish, and let the little boy name it.
They asked, "What do you want to name the pretty fish?"
The little boy said, "Carly, because Carly is my favorite."
Then the mom said she thinks the boy has a little crush on Carly.
I thought that was the cutest thing.
There is now a fish Carly.
And human Carly is already attracting suitors.
Heaven help us.

[we love Cooper.]

On Sunday we were headed out to go to a trail for a Sunday walk.
Half-way to the car, Carly tripped and fell face-first into the choppy pavement.
The result was shredded lips and lots of blood.
I scooped her up and started rushing back to the house.
I put my hand under her mouth, and soon it was covered in blood.
Carly looked down and started screaming "Mommy's hand! Mommy's hand!"
She thought my hand was bleeding, and even though her mouth was hurting, 
it was my hand she was worried about.
Talk about an example of selfless love.
No wonder the Savior teaches us to be as little children.
She is the sweetest thing of all.

4 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

xoxo

Becky said...

I just love that Carly. She is so sweet. And I also love Cooper. And pumpkin chocolate chip anything. Just sayin'.

Cami and Juan said...

I love the cleaning schedule. Although it still looks a bit overwhelming to me, but better than procrastinating all of it and then having to clean the whole house at once.

Brittany said...

Hi Erin! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Of course I remember you. I'll have to follow you on Pinterest because it sounds like we may have a lot in common. I'm no good at baking (especially bread) and I'm no good at cleaning either. That cleaning schedule you posted looks doable.

Congrats on your baby and I hope you feel better soon!