Wednesday, June 13, 2012

doubly blessed.

We are in Idaho and loving every minute of it. Our time is ticking away, and I'm getting that sad feeling, you know, when you don't know how long it will be until you see family again. Sometimes being grown up is for the birds.

But we sure have had a wonderful visit. Sunday was the most wonderful of all. In our church, we give babies a blessing, and then baptize them later, at the age of eight. On Sunday we blessed Quinn and John. My little brother Brady also spoke in the meeting, as he just got home from serving a two-year Church mission.

It was particularly special for me. Carly's blessing took place in Tennessee and was a small affair. Just Chris, his dad, my dad, and the bishop. We were so happy both grandpas were there. When we started thinking about coming to Idaho in June when my brother was going to be coming home, it occurred to me that all three of my brothers and my dad and paternal grandpa would be in the same place. We asked around, and decided to hold the blessing in Idaho, though it meant waiting a bit. We were thrilled when Chris's parents were willing to come, and even more so when they got tickets for our same flight, right across the isle (but we're on our own for the way back. I'm not sure we'll make it). My maternal grandparents made the trip too. This meant the blessing circle for the twins had all three of my brothers, both our dads, my two grandfathers, and, of course, my wonderful husband. It was a really beautiful thing to see the men I love most in the world surrounding my sweet babies.


Both babies did really great during their blessings. We were worried about John, because his screaming abilities would be even more impressive with the help of a microphone. When it was time for the blessings to begin, John was asleep so we had him go first. He was given a beautiful blessing from his daddy. My favorite part was when Chris blessed him with a desire to serve a mission, just like all of these men who loved him did. John has a lot of great men to look up to, his daddy most of all.



After Chris finished he handed John to my mom, and I gave him Quinn. She is the sweetest thing. In the blessing Chris spoke of what a special spirit she is, and blessed her to use her talents to build the Kingdom of God. She is a really special girl, and Heavenly Father gave her the sweetest demeanor. I can't wait to see what she becomes.



The experience was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. We came back to reality pretty quickly, though, as both babies messed their pants minutes after the blessings were done. Ha! At least it wasn't right before, right? My brother gave a great talk. Missions are funny things. We liked Brady quite a bit before, but missions seem to take boys and bring back men. We've had a nice week with him, playing baseball in the yard, going to the temple, and reintroducing him to the real world by taking him to the Avengers.


Quinn wore the same dress and little flower shoe-socks that Carly wore at her blessing nearly three years ago. I was worried, because Q is almost 2 months older than Carly was, but the dress fit perfectly and she looked just as beautiful as her big sister did, despite her sudden male pattern baldness. Ever the gentleman, John donned a white shirt and a little blue bow tie made by a friend in my ward. And when I saw a 4T white dress with a blue bow on clearance at Target, I couldn't resist. All by babies looked heavenly in white.

[I'll see you in white.]

[the original T kids.]

[together again.]

After the meeting we headed home to yummy food and lots of family and friends. It is still hard to live so far away, but I love that when I come home, it feels like I never left.

[Q and her great-grandma.]

[Carly meeting my sweet cousin Novalie. Novalie had her at hello.]

[honorary uncles and aunt: John with Parker, Maren, and Chris.]

[Q and grandpa.]

[Novalie was a good sport and read stories to Carly for a long time.]

[papak, grandma, mimi, grandpa. and we did want Carly there, we just couldn't get her out of the ladybug tent.]

[Uncle Brady and Quinny.]

[Choco and Maren catching a glimpse of their future.]

[my grandpa and grandma T.]

[with my long-time friend Renee and our boys. our babies were due the same day, and ended up being a month and a half apart.]

[all the T grandkids.]

It was a really special day. My heart was full that Sunday night, as Chris and I sat in front of the computer to watch our new obsession, Grey's Anatomy, on Netflix. I sat with a bowl of ice cream thinking about just how lucky I am, how lucky our kids are, to be surrounded by so much love and goodness.

We are doubly blessed.

2 comments:

Lindsey Chadwick said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE all these pictures!! You have the cutest family! I am so sad, I was planning on coming up to Idaho this week and got sick! :( I'm so sad I missed you and your babies!! But it looks like you had SO much fun with your fam!!

Laura said...

How sweet. those are some great pictures! The babies look so adorable. I'm glad you got to share that with your family. Love you all.