Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessed

We blessed Carly a week ago. My parents came in for the occasion and we had a grand ol' time. We did some birthday shopping for me, went to Chris's sister's swim meet and saw campus, had a BBQ at a beautiful park, hit up PF Changs, and hung out and held Carly (which is what they really wanted to do anyway). I was so grateful they could come and really enjoyed having them here, as I happen to have the bestest parents in the world. Chris's parents were also able to come down, which was so great, and Carly was royally spoiled by all 4. On Monday I put her in her bouncer so I could eat and she looked at me like "What?! I haven't been put down in 5 days!". It was a great few days and it went way too quickly, as usual.

Carly, Grandpa, and Queen Mum
Carly chilling with Grandpa
Me and my parents at the park. Daddy, daughter, and granddaughter taking a walk.The Blessing

Carly's blessing was beautiful. She was so happy and smiley that morning and that day at church, like she knew it was a special day for her. Chris did a great job and gave her a beautiful blessing (though, he neglected to give her any super powers), and I was grateful to see Carly's daddy and two wonderful grandfathers in the blessing circle.
I looked high and low for a blessing dress for Carly. I wanted something long and classic and beautiful, but not super puffy or weddingy. We went to several stores and couldn't find anything I really loved (all this for a blessing dress--just wait until she gets married!). Finally I made a quick trip to a children's second-hand boutique that I'd been to before. Its a pretty ritzy second-hand store, and their standards are pretty high. And there was the perfect dress. White with smocking on the top and simple detail at the bottom. It even came with a little slip to wear underneath. And even better: it still had the original tags on. I loved it, and am happy Carly neither spit up nor pooped all over it. It will definately be something we keep for any future daughters who may join us. And her blanket was knitted by her great-grandma Thomas, who only has 60 great grandchildren (Yes, Carly is number 60). It was so generous of her to do it.
Pretty girl.



It was a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend.
Now we're counting down the days until Christmas.

4 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I do love the blessing dress. It is a perfect science to finding the right one (I can imagine) and Carly looks lovely in it.

Sarah said...

yay! it is a lovely dress. and she's such a beautiful daughter. i'm glad that life is going well.

Taryn said...

She did look so happy for her special day. And I love the dress. I guess I should start looking now, huh?

sam and kyrsten said...

she is so stinking cute. glad your parents got to come and enjoy the special day!