Friday, November 2, 2012

these boots.

All of the sudden, it is practically winter.
The leaves are mostly off the trees, and the days have been cold and gray.
It was time to get my mom game together and get Carly some boots.
The last two years we've gotten Carly some "Uggs" copycats from Target. They are cute, and even better, really easy to get on. So today we headed out to get her some.

I tried to get her to try them on, and she kept running away , down the isle and across to the men's section in her little striped socks. I was losing my mind.

"Why won't you try them on?!" I asked her.
"I don't like those boots," she told me.
I picked her up to show her all the different kinds.
He eyes went wide and she got a big smile on her face and she pointed.

"Those ones!"


Black patent leather combat boots.
With purple shoe laces.

I was not excited about it at first, but I put them on her and they were just so her.
The girl was thrilled.

This girl is so unique. She is brilliant and has passions and interests I never expected from a three-year-old. She beats to her own drum. She is opinionated. I can only imagine how many times in the next 15 years we are going to have this exact same experience, me having one idea, and she picking something totally different. I want her to always be able to express herself exactly how she wants too (as long as she is modest), whether that means a dress every day or shiny combat boots with purple laces.

 I can't wait to see what strikes her fancy next.

No comments: