Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grateful

I am a little extra grateful this year.
Because she's here.
Its easy to say "I'm grateful for this" and "I'm grateful for that". But I think Carly's arrival has taught me true gratitude. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all my blessings up to this point (including Chris), but there is something about this girl that has changed my every perspective on life. This child's very existence has taught me a gratitude so deep I didn't know it existed. We are so incredibly lucky to have her, and every day I look at her flawless face and question why she was sent to me. As if I wasn't before, I am even more indebted to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with our Carly. More than words can express, this Thanksgiving I am extra grateful.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

She is a beautiful girl. Amazing what your child can do to you huh?