Tuesday, November 10, 2009

three months old

At 12:53 today I was rocking my baby to sleep in my rocking chair.
~
At 12:53 three months ago today, I saw her beautiful face for the first time.
~
Its crazy how we only love her more each day.
Carly, at three months old . . .
*you've now been sleeping through the night for two months, and sleeping in your crib for a month. It makes for a happy mommy.
*you just rolled over for the first time and now are rolling both ways with relative ease.
*you are a huge smiler. I can get you to smile at any second, with two exceptions: you're hungry or there is a camera in your face.
*you LOVE playing with daddy. He is the only one who has ever made you laugh. When he walks around the room, your eyes follow him.
*you're still a crazy eater. But I'd take crazy eater over crazy sleeper any day.
*you talk up a storm and make the sweetest sounds. You also love to growl--you think its funny.
*sucking on your hands is no longer a sign of hunger. It is now a form of entertainment.
*you produce drool at a most impressive level, and I often find it in unexpected places (like my hair or the kitchen counter).
*you bring me and your daddy an incredible amount of joy. We always say its a little insane how much we love you.
Happy three months, Car. We're glad you joined us.

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

that picture is so adorable! congratulations on three months!

Michael said...

love that little face. can't wait to meet her. you guys are so lucky!

Karen Thomas said...

Three months of "joi." jt