Thursday, November 26, 2009

List of Gratitude

It has long been a tradition in my family that when we sit down for Thanksgiving dinner that we all go around the table and name a few things that we are thankful for. This year's was very special. I love this tradition because it is a time that usually helps me to express the things that are most important to me. Thanksgiving is also a wonderful time because it reminds me not only of everything I'm blessed to have, but also that everything I've been given comes from Heavenly Father. An entire day to think about how Heavenly Father has blessed us! Very cool to me. This year, I have decided to share with all of you a number of things that I feel particularly grateful for and why.... I hope you all enjoy:)

1) Erin - she will always top my list
2) Carly - the new center of our little universe
3) Dad, Mom, Becky, Sarah, Jenny, Sammie - made me who I am, love them so much
4) Jedd, Karen, Michael, Camie, Jason, Kasee, Brady - made erin who she is, love them so much
5) The temple/Covenants - binds us all together forever
6) The Scriptures - helps me keep the right perspective
7) Education - tough, but the key to our future
8) C/T family vacations - treasure those memories
9) Excitement for hollidays - Nothing like the build-up for special family time
10) The church - builds me up each week
11) Our apartment - not much to look at, but our sanctuary from the world
12) Latter-day prophets - where would we all be without them?
13) Pictures - funny how those are the morst priceless of all possessions
14) Prayer - sweet hour
15) Good people - don't they just make the day so much more nice?
16) Challenges - helps me progress
17) Bed - feels great at the end of every day
18) Our country - freedom
19) Good Hymns - few things help me feel the spirit stronger
20) Extended Family - good times and great fun
21) The cubbies - blessing or curse? not sure
22) Cheeseburgers - my favorite meal
23) Movie Previews - really bummed if I miss them before a movie
24) Good Friends - we are so fortunate to know and learn from you
25) BYU - brought erin and I together, place of great growth
26) University of Tennessee - time when Carly came to us, place of great growth
27) Ex Roomies - here's to my boys Matty, Joe, Mer, B-Rad, and Andy
28) Fall - leaves changing, college football, holiday season
29) Good health - so fortunate
30) Tenncare - HUGE tithing blessing
31) Snow - makes the world look so pure
32) Text messaging - can talk to my wife anytime I need
33) Nice shoes - don't know why I enjoy
34) Modern Medicine - awsomeness
35) The great outdoors - unbelievable
36) Working out - good to take care of our earthly tabernacle
37) Turkey bowl - very sore right now, but was a blast
38) The future - very important
39) The past - thankful for Heavenly Father's patience with me
40) Baseball - "Is this heaven? No, its Iowa."
41) Webcam - priceless to see our Idaho family
42) Cell phone - can talk to anyone at any time
43) Chuck-o-rama - for some strange reason, makes my wife very happy
44) Thursday nights - friday coming and also Community, the office, 30 rock
45) Our car - what would we do without her?
46) Dreams - sure are cool
47) Priesthood blessings - have guided us all our lives
48) Memories - the sweetest moments
49) The plan of Salvation - divine
50) Jesus the Christ - made all of this possible

Happy Thanksgiving! On to Christmas!

1 comment:

Karen Thomas said...

Named one by one. Great list. You are in the top of my list of blessings as well. jt