Friday, November 6, 2009

Momentous Moments

Carly met some major milestones two nights ago. Both happened in one night, so it was a rather fun night in the C house.


First, Carly rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time. I put her down for tummy time and Chris asked "Do you think she'll roll over soon?" I said, "I'm not sure. She still doesn't like tummy time." And right then she started to tip over on her side. She got her shoulder over and Chris ran for the camera. He couldn't find it and I remembered I put it in my purse to take to YW in Excellence, so I ran to get my purse. While I was out of the room I heard a little screech. I came running back in to find Carly on her back. Yes, let it be known that the first time Carly rolled over, no one was there to witness it. Can you believe that?! Luckily, we got her to reenact it for us, and this time got it on tape. {sorry its so dark; it was nighttime}. Its especially lucky because I haven't gotten her to do it since.


Then later than night I was holding Carly and Chris started to thump his hands on the floor like he was coming after her. When he reached her he would tickle her stomach. He did it a few times and she started giggling. Like real laughing. It was the most delightful sound I've ever heard. She giggled several times while daddy played with her. It was so cute. Alas, we haven't gotten her to laugh again either.

~

And last but not least, Carly got her first pair of OshKosh overalls a few weeks ago. Its a momentous moment indeed, as every child should have several pairs of OshKosh overalls as they grow up (that's a personal opinion). She looks adorable in them.

1 comment:

Karen Thomas said...

carly is the smartest baby in the land. her parent's commentary is just as entertaining. hee hee.