Wednesday, December 15, 2010

a bit bah humbuggy.

you should have seen me last week.
so pulled together.
Chris was gone like . . . all day. Every day.
Finals week.
But I was working out every day and Carly and I were getting out every day.
Running errands, library time, hanging out with a friend.
So on top of it.
Good times.
Then the blizzard came on Sunday.
Monday morning we got up bright and early to get
 Carly her immunizations and for both of us to get flu shots.
The roads were slick. It was cold in that ridiculous way.
Carly whined more than I did out in it.
And that's saying something.
So since then we've been . . .
Well, you see, I spent all my energy surviving last week, so this Monday and Tuesday, with Chris being gone all day, I was reaching breakdown status.
Monday we spend the remainder of the day in pjs watching tv. I {gasp} even put an hour of Elmo on so I could take a nap. Not an award-winning-mom moment.
Tuesday was even uglier. Though, I actually managed some mascara and a trip to the grocery store.
~
Then today.
Today our hero stayed home.
Finished his final assignment.
Chased and tackled Carly for hours.
And let me run to the store . . . all by myself.
Then tonight I did my hair AND wore make-up and we went to his program's Christmas party, which took place at a large, beautiful house two doors down from Tom Izzo's large beautiful house.
It was a nice day.
~
You see, I'm ready to go.
Ready for family and fun and festivities.
So very ready to say "buh-bye!" to our double-date days
of waiting and boredom and being trapped by the snow,
and "hi!" to lots of daddy time,
grandma and grandpa time,
aunt and uncle time.
~
Saturday can't some fast enough.
{Though I guess it can, because I have a jillion things
to do before we are ready to go, thanks to my laziness}
~
(Carly's newest word:)

Cutest thing ever, that "buh-bye!"
Such a diva.
She makes me happy.
As does . . . .
shrimp scampi
24/7's special on the Penguins
Chris almost . . . almost being done
Christmas cards
Taylor Swift's "Silent Night"
~
I shouldn't be such a scrooge.
xoxo.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, you're not a Scrooge! Stop that! We're excited to see you guys and play with Carly and eat Baga's food...yeah....

Christina said...

I'm to the point where I asked my sister if she wanted to adopt a 3-year-old. Two more days!!! that's what I keep telling myself. And in the mean time, lucky Christopher gets to watch a lot of Dora. Great huh? I hear you though. Merry Christmas!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I dont think making your kid watch tv makes you a bad mom! you are a great mom! I can tell just by the things you write! and I feel ya on the being ready for vacation. I'm counting down the days till I have family to entertain Kate!

Rach said...

AND you totally did win my give away! You need to emil me cause I need your address and I have a question for you!

Rachel.meynders@gmail.com

Laura said...

She is sooo cute! Hope you have a lovely trip and wonderful Christmas.

Buh bye! ;)

Sarah C said...

I am sorry things didn't go as well as you hoped. I am glad you are able to be with with your family for Christmas.