Friday, December 17, 2010

juice box thief and other tidbits.

I love a juice box.
Like, I think juice tastes better out of a little box, sipped through a little straw, then out of a cup.
Personal preference.
And I'm starting to think Carly feels the same way.
I put juice in her sippy cup and she enjoys it well enough.
I break out a juice box for myself and she goes all crazy over it.
I hold it for her to take a sip, and in no time it is in her sole possession.
Juice box thief.
Only it doesn't take long for her to get confused by which drinking device she is using and she will tip it back like a sippy cup, resulting in a juice-covered shirt.
Serves you right, juice box thief.
~
A few other tidbits:

So did you know that Chris's dad is in my little brother's mission presidency?
Small world, huh?
Brady got called to the mission Chris's parents live in, and shortly afterward Chris's dad, Pat, got called as a counselor to the President.
This week they saw each other for the first time at a Zone Conference.
When Pat told us he was going to see Brady, I said, "Give him a nuzzle from me!"
I think they stuck to hugs.
But reports say he is one rockin' missionary.
And I'm one proud big sis.
Excited to hear his voice next week.
~
Did y'all hear about the Provo Tabernacle?
So sad.
What a beautiful building it was.
And so much history.
So far it doesn't sound like it can be saved.
My last of many times at the Tabernacle.
Brother's BYU Law Graduation.
Carly will only have attended in utero.
~
Guess what!
I WON something.
Rach over at Playing House does these little giveaways of super cute things she makes at home.
And I actually won!
I'm excited.
Its a cute pin that you can pin on anything you want to snazzy up:
Though, mine might be different colors.
I left it up to her because she is fab like that.
~
 Every year at Christmas time my Pens visit the Childrens Hospital in Pittsburgh.
They are all charitable like that.
I like a group of well-paid professional athletes that can look outside their world to make someone else's day a little brighter.
Especially because these kids just love them.
To read about how cute they are (the kids and the boys) click here.
~
Last but not least, we had a small Christmas celebration tonight.
Like, really small.
Chris and I agreed not to buy for each other this year.
But I got this coupon in the mail for $10 at JC Penny, so I looked and found something on sale.
So I got him a snazzy new shirt for $3.
He was not happy about it.
I didn't expect him to get upset; it was a happy surprise!
But he loves to spoil me, and he felt like he missed out.
Our peace-making conversation went like this:
Me: Ok you can get me something for Valentines.
Him: You better believe I'm getting you something for Valentines.
Me: And I won't get you anything.
Him: You better believe you aren't getting me anything.
I love him.

We also let Carly have a dry-run at present opening in preparation for Christmas morning.
If you ask me, she needs to work on her paper-removing technique, as well as her reaction.
She is fabulous.
~
We leave for Chris's grandma's house in Chicago tomorrow.
Bring on lots of husband,
lots of Moose Track's ice cream,
and lots of people to entertain Carly all day.
~
xoxo.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ha i love her little smile when she figures out what the gift is. I think you should wrap her up and send her to me for christmas!

What a cutie pie. Have a wonderful time!

Sarah C said...

Carlie is soooo sweet.
That is sad the tabernacle burned down.
Way to go on your win. That is awesome.