Monday, December 13, 2010

the goose is getting fat.

Carly has this Elmo Christmas book where you press these buttons on the side and it will play the music of three Christmas carols and the lyrics are on the pages so you can sing along. Carly likes to sit on my lap and press the buttons over and over and make me sing the songs. There are only three: O Christmas Tree, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, and  . . . a song I've never heard before that goes "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat." Ok. I know all the words now and it totally gets stuck in my head all the time. But Carly loves it. So I sing. And sing. And sing.
~
Anywho. Christmas is coming.
Chris and I got a move to Michigan for Christmas this year.
But if we hadn't, and if we were magically rich,
my Christmas list would look something like this:
Maybe this is the power of advertising.
I love the Flip video commercials.
They always make me think,
"I need one of those to have for all the cute things Carly does!"
And the fact that they come in Penguins form only seals the deal.
~
I quite literally drool over the iPad.
Chris doesn't get it.
I think they are the coolest things ever.
 ~
Oooooo. Mommy wants.
I have really grown to love taking pictures.
And I would love love love a really nice camera that takes beautiful quality pictures.
Someday.
 ~
And I can't leave Carly out.
I love little play kitchens.
I got one for Christmas when I was really little.
Loved it.
How cute is this vintage pink one?
~

Last but not least . . .
Ladies and gents, the Winter Classic is a few short weeks away!
Every New Years' Day the NHL puts on an outdoor hockey game and make it into this big fun event with special jerseys and merchandise ($$$). This year the Pens get to play in it against one of their rivals.
I'm so excited.
Party at the C House.
Anywho.
I would love some Winter Classic gear.
Though, I'm really not a "wear a jersey around the town" person, so it would be a pretty expensive "hang out around the house" shirt.
~
There you have it.
My materialistic side.
Though, its hilarious most of those things are electronics.
I'm usually not a very electronic-y person.
~
~
Oh, and we had a nice weekend.
Chris and I were going to steal a nice movie night on Friday and actually spend time together, but Carly woke up shortly after we put her down, so we had a "stay up until Carly will go down" night instead. She is lucky she is cute.
Saturday Chris went to school and Carly and I went on a date to the ward Christmas party.
Sunday we went to Church and got our first Michigan blizzard, which prevented us from going to a friend's house for dinner. But that's ok because I ate shrimp scampi and we watched a Indiana Jones marathon on TV. Ummm . . . can I name a son Indiana?

I get my husband back on Friday.

 {I love dressing Carly for Church}

 {Carly thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's lunch}


Sunday as we headed out to Church, we opened the door and Carly saw lots of snow for the first time and said: "Preeee!". Yes its pretty, but she's not the one who has to drive in it.

Then I tried to get a picture of her standing in it, but she seems to have decided she likes the snow about as much as her mama does.
Which is not a lot.
~
xoxo.

3 comments:

Laura and family said...

I love the little pink kitchen! We waffled between that exact one but in red and another older wood one by KidKraft. We wound up getting the other one because 1) we got a great sale on it and 2) it looked a little more sturdy. Gabe's wild side comes out when he's excited and I was afraid he'd knock the retro one over since it is on pedastal type legs!

Can't believe you got so much snow! We had 1-2 inches and everything is closed. Ha.

LOVE cute Carly's little outfits :)

Laura said...

so many comments. so little time:

#1 target has a penguins shirt in the men's section and i think of you everytime i see it. (which is a lot cause i love me some target)

#2 Love the play kitchens and play food. so much more fun than real kitchens.

#3 Carly looks so cute in that dress! She is preee ;)

#4 ok maybe i didn't have as many comments as i thought. i can't remember them all. i have a cold. makes things fuzzy. Stay warm in that snow!

Cami and Juan said...

You're getting real snow. I kind of miss it, even Utah doesn't come close to the midwest. Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat. You had never heard that? Ha ha.