Thursday, April 21, 2011

bear holder.

I remember when we bought Carly her bigger carseat, it totally cracked me up that it had cupholders.
Cupholders? Wow, high class.
Turns out I was wrong.
Those aren't cupholders at all.
They're bear holders.

[man, did Carly get a kick out of this.]


We've had a lull in the action around here. It got cold again, forcing me to retrieve our heavy coats from the basement, where I thought I could safely store them as we approach the end of April. Alas, we are not in Kansas (errrr . . . I mean Tennessee) anymore. The return to cold weather also means an excess of our new fav Bubble Guppies, and too many trips to walk around stores aimlessly while Carly murmurs "swing . . . slide . . . Carly swing . . . . hi slide . . . ". Poor girl.

Chris has had an especially busy week as well, and Carly often points to the door and says "dada home?". We cannot wait for this semester to end. We leave for Idaho on Tuesday, and when we get back, it will be over. I do not envy the things he has to accomplish while we're gone.

[a girl and her bear . . .  and her dishtowel]

I'm around. I've been feeling a little blah, with spring refusing to stay very long and Chris being so busy. Just been feeling a little . . . blah. Really the only word for it. So so excited to head back west. I do continue to go to the gym, and my knee has recently let me return to running. A perk to living with an exercise physiologist in training is the free tips. Turns out if I gradually warm up on a bike before running, my knee will last longer on a treadmill. Whatever it takes. I really have grown to love it.

As I rant about the weather, today is actually a beautiful day. We went to the park on our way home from the library. It was just about naptime, but Carly just loves the park, so we stopped by. This is what happens when you go to the park just before naptime:


"Should we go, Carly?"
*shakes her head no*
"Are you tired?"
*shakes her head no*

Not tired? Are you kidding me? Look at those eyes. I promised we would see the park many more times in the near future.

On a cold yesterday, we went to Meijer to do something other than be in our house, and they had tanks of fish in the pet section. Chris said she liked them when he took her a while back, but wow, did the girl screech and squeal when we saw the fishies. And she would tap on the glass and they would all scatter really quickly. Easy entertainment.

 
We've been watching an incredible amount of playoff hockey. The Chicago/Vancouver series has been a lot of fun to watch. Two really exciting teams. And my Pens won in the second overtime last night to go up 3-1 in the best-of-7 series. There is nothing quite like sudden-death overtime playoff hockey.

[girl travels heavy: purse full of puzzle pieces, monkey wearing a diaper cover, towel]

Thats about as exciting as we get, I'm afraid.
Looking forward to a quiet Easter weekend.
xoxo.

No comments: