Sunday, April 17, 2011

nursery girl.

One of my favorite things these days is the process of dropping off and picking up Carly from nursery.

After sacrament meeting, Carly gives daddy hugs and kisses, then she and I head down the hall to nursery. She gives me a kiss outside the door, then I put her down. She walks in to nursery excitedly, swinging her towel, and announces her arrival with a big happy "HI!".

Every time I marvel how easily she adjusted to it. It is literally the only time during a normal week that she is not with either me or Chris. I just love that she has grown to love this little part of her life that is all her own. I always walk away feeling simultaneously empty and full. Empty because I am missing my little sidekick; full because I am in awe over the smart, strong, independent little person she is becoming.

[on her weekly post-church/pre-nap jog around the house]

Sunday School and Relief Society pass, and I am grateful that I am now able to sit and listen and learn and feel of the spirit. You don't realize how much you miss it until its gone from your life for 18 months. But, when RS ends, I'm in a hurry to go get my baby.

When I reach the door to the nursery, I peek in and I don't know which one of us is more excited to see the other. "Mama!" Carly says, and she runs to me. I scoop her up and give her kisses. The nursery leader hands her her paper, and Carly bids farewell with a "BYE!" and a queen-esque wave. "Did you have fun in nursery?" I always ask. "Yeah," she says, and buries her head in my shoulder in exhaustion. I melt a little.

I love that girl.

Happy Sunday.

5 comments:

Lindsey Chadwick said...

cute!!! I can't wait to see her again..and you guys of course!!! :)

Taryn said...

Really I am counting down the weeks until nursery right now (3 months!!) but I hope that I will miss her and she will miss me as much as you two once it comes :) and that dress is so so cute!

WeBeR FaM said...

That is amazing that she adjusted so fast! I am so nervous for Makelle to go to nursery! She has been a total mama's girl since about 6 months old! She is 17 months old today so we don't have long! Hopefully she does as well as Carly! She is so cute!

Kit said...

Such a sweet post about your sweet sundays.
She's a doll.

Cami and Juan said...

That's so perfect that she runs to you when you go to pick her up. Amelia will turn 18 months on the day Juan starts his new job in Austin. So she will be in a brand new place. Hopefully it doesn't phase her like Carly.