Friday, June 3, 2011

almost two.






I'm genuinely struggling over the fact that Carly is going to grow up.
Every parent says, "I can't believe how fast they grow."
But it has been causing me quite a bit of grief and heartache.

Almost two is the most perfect age.
She is constantly learning and doing new things.
She is curious.
She is full of energy and joy.
And she is goofy.
Oh so wonderfully goofy.

My heart just can't take the thought of her being anything other than what she is now.
So when I got the pictures back from her photo shoot yesterday, I almost cried.
They perfectly capture exactly what she is, exactly who she is.
And in 15 years when she is mad at me because I told her her shorts were too short,
I'll look back on these pictures and cry some more.
And that will have to suffice until I get to heaven and can somehow revisit her perfect little toddler days.
That has to be possible.
Because it just wouldn't be heaven without it.

I want her to be almost two forever.

[beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl, huh? click here to see a few more.]

5 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

she is RIDICULOUSLY cute. and molly is RIDICULOUSLY talented. i cant believe she is almost 2!

The Adamsons said...

VERY VERY CUTE!

Lauren Davison said...

Darling!

Taryn said...

I do love these! I love that she is just captured as she is...a crazy, spunky little two year old who doesn't like to sit still and smile for the camera too often :) She is just getting so big and grown up...where does the time go?!

Oh, and I loved her PJ set...Stella is still wearing Christmas PJ bottoms but now paired with watermelon and flowered pink onesies for summer. Classy.

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's true. Except that I cry with my mom because I know how much she loves me. I can't believe your little baby is growing up so much!