Thursday, June 16, 2011

{oregon part 3} family fun house.

Without a doubt, the best part of our trip to Oregon was spending a whole week with my family squished in one little beach house. After three years away from the west, I still have a hard time being so far from my family, so I really cherish opportunities like this to be together.

Carly learned everyone's names pretty quick and liked when we were all together. If anyone lagged behind on a beach walk, she would yell at them to catch up. She's bossy like that.

It also took her about 35 seconds to latch on to her Gramma, and I don't think my mom got 5 minutes of peace all week. My mom probably got a decent workout lugging her around the beach.

Carly also loves her aunts and uncles. I think we could have been at home in Idaho and Carly would have been just as happy, as long as everyone was there to play with.


A personal favorite part of the trip was getting to see a lot of my niece Shayla. She is the most outrageously adorable thing ever. It took her a bit to warm up to everyone, but we were buddies by the middle of the week. The girl has the most incredible head of thick dark curls and this cute little cough-laugh that she does when she is being funny. It was fun to get to be around her since we don't get to see her very often. I think in general Carly liked her. She would say "hi, baby Shay!" and wave. But every time Shay would grab Carly's arm or shirt Carly would cry "No! Carly's arm!" or "No! Carly's shirt!". She'll have to get over that.


Once or twice, we were able to steal Carly away from her Gramma or aunts and uncles and get some family of three time. I took Carly out to look at the ocean once and she gave me big hugs and kisses and we pointed at the birds and the ocean and the big rock. She is the sweetest thing.


We loved spending time with the family.
The entire vacation was beyond fabulous.
Can we hit the rewind button, please?

5 comments:

Taryn said...

The whole vacation sounds like it was pretty dreamy. Anytime the beach and family are combined it is bound to be a good time!

Lanenga Family said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I seriously miss the place where I spent most of my childhood. I love love love the Oregon coast! That looks like a great trip.

Cami and Juan said...

I have been looking forward to each part of your vacation recap. I must get to the Oregon coast, ASAP. Ha ha, glad you had a wonderful time.

Sarah C said...

WOW! That looks like so much FUN!