Wednesday, June 1, 2011

i love to see the temple.

I have long been wanting to get a picture of the temple to put in Carly's room. She has all sorts of other cute gizmos and gadgets in there, why didn't she have a picture of the House of the Lord?

But I was waiting. Waiting for a super cute picture. Waiting for a super cute frame.
It could wait.

Then in April I was watching General Conference.

“It would be a fine thing if parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so their children from the time they are infants could look at the picture every day until it becomes a part of their life. When they reach the age that they need to make the very important decision concerning going to the temple, it will have already been made.”


Pres. Monson quoting Pres. Kimball in April 2011 General Conference


I got the strongest feeling not only that it couldn't wait, but that it shouldn't wait.
I found a basic wood frame at a thrift store for $1.
I got a Distribution Center picture of the Bountiful Temple, where Chris and I were married, for $1.50 when I was in Idaho.
I painted the frame the same purple I've used throughout Carly's room.

I can't decide exactly where to put it, so I propped it up on her little table.

Carly walked over to it and touched it softly, then said in a soft yet excited voice:

"Carly's temple!"

My feeling was right.
It couldn't wait.

No comments: