Friday, July 1, 2011

thank goodness it's friday.

It has been a strange week.
I've spent most of the week feeling like things are all helter-skelter and out of control.
Constantly playing catch-up.
Man, some weeks are like that.
I pretty much tapped out yesterday and Carly and I spent the day lying on the floor watching Olivia.
Man, some days are like that.

[welcome to our week. (new camera.)]

But one of those days in there we did throw in some fun and go to Cars 2 with our buddies. It was Carly's very first movie theater experience. She loves the first Cars, and will sit through the entire thing no problem. So I thought she would do well. A few problems:

1. Cars 2 is a more advanced story than Cars 1. I mean explosions, secret agents, alternative fuel issues, money-making plots. I think it just didn't hold her attention like Cars talking to each other and racing around a track and going tractor tipping does.

2. Movie theaters have lots of steps and isles and chairs that flip up and down. Really, who would want to sit and watch a movie when there is so much to do?

She did occasionally sit in my lap and yell "Lightning!" or "Mater!" or "uh oh, Cars!" (during the explosions) which I'm sure everyone appreciated. We did make it through the whole movie, but we'll probably wait a little longer to try another (but a big Merci to Camilla who hooked us up with free passes).

[wiggly Carly and the much more movie-experienced Kennedy.
(old camera; big difference, huh? ok, i'll shut up about the camera now.)]

And we have a fun weekend ahead.
Today is NHL free-agency deadline day, so I'm super nervous.
We also happen to be heading to Chicago to spend a festive weekend with the extended C family, eat pizza, go swimming, eat lots of other things that aren't good for you, play with doggies, and get spoiled.

And on Monday we'll be home to celebrate the nation's birthday by . . .
I'm not sure what. Something awesome.

Have a good weekend.
In case you didn't know, the 4th of July is my 2nd favorite holiday after Christmas.

xoxo.

2 comments:

Laura said...

How cute. I was wondering how this would go. It seems like a lot of work. I love Carly's cute curls in the first picture. And her pretty eyes. What a beautiful little girl.

Lindsey Chadwick said...

She has got the most AWESOME hair!!!!