Thursday, July 14, 2011

rolling in the deep.

Before naptime today, Car and I had a dance party.
The girl loves her some dance party.

Some things that make this video extra fabulous:

a) She finds a dishtowel in my purse that I hid because it needs to get washed (I have to sneak them away and wash them one at a time).
b) She cheers for herself: "Go Carly! Go Carly!".
c) The camera didn't pick it up really well, but she sings the last word of every line of the song: "aaalllll!", "deeeep!", "soouulllll!". She does the same thing in the car.


And this time she got a little carried away.
Reminds me of that one time she ran into the glass door.
Classic.


~

We recently got Carly a tricycle and a Radio Flyer wagon for super cheap at a ward member's garage sale. Today we took the maiden voyage in the wagon. Carly was a big fan, though she enjoyed pulling her "friends" in it just as much as riding in it herself. We also spent some time on bike-riding lessons. Her legs are still a bit short for the tricycle. She eventually gave up and let Jojo drive:


But I fully intend on letting her pedal around our unfinished basement all day long when the snow returns.

~

Finally, we scared the crap out of our daughter tonight. In honor of the big Harry Potter release at midnight, we thought we would show her the "Mysterious Ticking" video on YouTube. We thought she might think it was funny or cute. About 5 second in she says "I don't like" in a worried voice. Then she starts saying it over and over "don't like . . . don't like". Then, about 30 second in she screams in terror and starts sobbing hysterically. Poor child. In hindsight, I can totally see why it would be terrifying for her. We had to snuggle and watch Bubble Guppies after that, because she was really freaked out. Parenting fail.


Happy Weekend.

3 comments:

The Apron Gal said...

Loved both those videos :) and the song! Definitely missing Miss Carly these days. boo.

Karen Thomas said...

note to self -- never get carly puppets for a gift.

she's got great moves. i think that must be the groovy jolley jeans.

The Apron Gal said...

o wow. I already commented on this post but I watched these videos again and made Jason watch them and I was crying from laughing so hard. She is so dang cute. Also I will never listen to Rolling in the Deep without thinking of her dance, aka trollop. I want to be as happy as her! You must be doing something right cause she is loving life :)