Sunday, October 14, 2012

insta adorable.

We do a lot of things well in the C House.
We make a whole lot of messy diapers.
We consume baby food in bulk (literally).
We go potty and wash our hands all by ourselves.
We dance to Disney music like there is no tomorrow.

And we be adorable.

There was a time when I blogged about all this adorableness a lot more often then I do now. I miss it, and at some point I'm sure when the day ends, I'll feel motivated to blog rather than collapse on the couch and sit incapacitated and watch Parenthood. But for now, the couch and Parenthood seem to be winning. Thank goodness for Instagram, or grandparents wouldn't be seeing these cute grandkids of theirs at all.

Without further ado, recent life according to my iPhone:

Carly has been back on a princess kick, meaning Tangled is back in the blu-ray player, Quinn was dressed up "like a baby princess!", and we may have gone to the grocery store dressed like Rapunzel. You win some, you lose some. Rapunzel also jumped ahead as favorite possible Halloween costume, though I'm not committing to anything until she does. So she may end up being a Rapunzel cowgirl cat. Stay tuned.


[Princesses wear red lipstick.]

The babies are huge and amazing. They are finally sitting and it makes life a little easier. But they also move, which makes life a whole lot harder. Quinn is the fastest army crawler in the Mitten and it is a little disconcerting how many times a day I ask Carly, "Where's Quinn?"

[Big sis tells the best bedtime stories.]

I have also finally begun trying to spruce up the twins' room a little. See in the above picture the curtains are not trimmed, and in the below they are? #winning

And yes, its ok if you scream out loud at their cuteness.


Quinn falls asleep in weird ways.
Its because she won't stop moving until she is literally completely asleep.


Chris's PhD adviser and his wife are incredibly kind and so good at spoiling our kids. This week I was searching online for winter hats with ears (I'm a sucker for ears), and couldn't quite find some I loved. The next day Chris comes home with presents for the kids. Low and behold, adorable eared hats. Thanks Jim and Linda!

 ["Hey, nice hat."]

These sisters really really adore each other.
It is too sweet.
I have no sister experience, but watching these two is making up for anything I may have missed.


Carly is one fabulous big sister. She loves her babies, and has grown to be protective of them (to a fault, sometimes) and really loves making them smile and laugh and playing with them.

She often says "The babies love me!"
or "Look I'm making them laugh!"
or "John is watching me!"
or "Quinn is smiling at me!"

Its so fun to watch them interact, and I know it is only going to get better.


We have loved the fall weather, enjoying walks and leaves and cool crisp air.

[Cutest boys in all the land.]


I started giving the babies little bits of table food. Maybe a little early, but they started baby food earlier than Carly too. I think since they are on formula I'm a little less sensitive about giving them things than I was with breastfed Carly. Or maybe its because its my second rodeo and I'm not following the rules as closely as the first time. Either way, John loves food and he loves chewing and he is really really happy when he gets something other than baby food.


Quinn has fuzzy hair and I want to eat her every day.


That's us in a nutshell.
Because we're nuts.

yay for being adorable.
xoxo.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I cannot stand how adorable your children are! Seriously! The girls and I have had a chat, and we are seriously doubting we will be able to produce any children between the three of us that will be even half as cute as yours. Ugh, miss you all!

Unknown said...

Erin, i can't get enough of your cute instas. Seriously, adorable hardly even covers it. Ahhh, i can't even....