Saturday, October 6, 2012

one year older and wiser too.

Things that made me happy today, which happens to be my birthday:
  • I ran 6 miles and wasn't that tired until 5.5.
  • Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes.
  • General Conference . . . the bits and pieces I heard.
  • Target trip with Quinn. She sang; I found red skinny jeans on clearance.
  • Getting out of the shower to find surprise Cottage Inn pizza waiting for me.
  • Opening presents at random times because Carly was so excited.
  • My phone buzzing like crazy with lots of love and birthday wishes.
  • I walk in the cold with John wearing the cutest winter hat you've ever seen.
  • Gluten free German chocolate cake.
  • Carly blowing my candles out.
  • Chris looking gorgeous as he headed out to Priesthood session.
  • Successfully putting all three kids down for bed by myself.
  • Parenthood (the tv show), and more German chocolate cake.


It was an all-around great day.
Here's to year 27.

4 comments:

Laura and family said...

Glad to hear you had a great day! Putting all the kids to bed is definitely an admirable feat. I hate doing it.

Random question, but where are your curtains from?

Lindsey Chadwick said...

Happy Birthday!!! You deserve a great day!! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas! :)

Rebecca said...

What a great idea to list your blessings. (I am so jealous about the 6 miles. I am still back at 4! Way to go!) What a lucky lady.

Laura said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day to me! Glad you had a great one.