Tuesday, October 30, 2012

this girl and this boy. eight months young.




 This girl.

At 8 months old, this girl is as sweet as they come. She talks loudly in this rhythmic chant sort of way. Maybe she is singing. She likes baby puffs a lot. She could probably survive on puffs alone.


This girl scrunches her face when she is particularly pleased with herself. She likes spitting and makes noises with her mouth. And when she is really excited she snuffs like an elephant.


This girl is petite. I feel like she is such a skinny mini, but I think that is because I am comparing her to her tank of a brother. She is dainty though. Oh, so feminine. She has the most beautiful eyes and one killer smile. And that fuzzy strawberry blonde hair is almost more than I can take.


This girl is a mover and a shaker. She still army crawls rather than getting up on her knees. But I doubt she has the motivation, because she army crawls at record speed. She also has a small obsession with going over things, and sometimes she ends up high-centered. She will tell you, planking is not as fun as they make it look.


Her brother isn't particularly fond of her planking, either.


This girl thinks she is so big. The other day I thought she was napping, and I came up to the room to put John in his bed, and lo and behold, she was standing in the crib, looking completely elated with herself, and snuffing like one super happy elephant. She looks so little, standing there. Who does she think she is?


Big sis thought it was as cool as can be. These two love each other, and the more Q can laugh and play, the more Carly eats her up.


This girl. She is starting to wave. We wave to her, and she'll lift up her little hand and swing it around. She is so yummy, I want to wrap her in a tortilla and eat her with guacamole. I know it is strictly forbidden as a mother to pick favorites, but as far as baby girls go, this one is on the top of my list. 


~
~


This boy.

This boy has exactly two moods: absolutely thrilled, and completely tortured. There is no in-between. Either life is the best its ever been, and his smile is bursting across his whole face so wide it my crack, or the world is falling apart and he has to high-pitch bloody-murder scream until someone does something for him. 


This boy is kept happy by 1) food, and 2) sleep. Such a man. He continues to like food a lot, and eyes our grown up food like nobody's business. He loves himself some waffles. And cheese sticks. And pizza. Though I probably shouldn't admit we gave him pizza. When he stares at you with those longing eyes, it is impossible to say no.


This boy still wakes up every night. I don't know how to make him stop. Every once in a while he will sleep all night, and I have no idea what makes the difference. I'm tired though. Eight months of waking up every night is a long time. Luckily he downs 8 oz and goes right back to sleep, on a typical night. But it would be nice not to wake up. Please, boy. Soon.

[adore this pic. i was trying to get Q to smile in her towel. she wouldn't, but J was all ears.]

This boy has 4 teeth. He is one miserable teether, screaming and sensitive, with swollen little gums and red eyes. He is pitiful. I don't blame him though. He just had his two front top teeth come in and they are about the size of hippo teeth in his little mouth. Breaks my heart, when its not frustrating the crap out of me.


This boy. He does a cackling villain/evil dictator laugh that is to die for. He hyperventilates when he is excited. He bites when he is hungry or tired. His only mode of transportation is rolling, and when he rolls watch out, its like a boulder coming through. He is a big dense kid. This boy is a bit of a mommy's boy, but when daddy gets home he is all smiles and can't wait to get rough and tumble. This boy's ears are my very favorite afternoon snack.  I know it is strictly forbidden as a mother to pick favorites, but as far as baby boys go, this one is on the top of my list.


This boy and this girl are 8 months old.
I can't believe it, but right now I'm ok with it.
Because they are so dang fun.
And I can't get over them.


Happy 8 months, Q and J.
We're glad you joined us.

1 comment:

Dani Em said...

so darling!!! You are absolutely the cutest mother ever! And yes...I think we can make lunch happen...we should get aubrey in on it and her crazy crew as well! We will be sure to give any restaurant owner a heart attack as we walk in the door.