Tuesday, October 2, 2012

country milling around.

This past weekend we headed out to one of our favorite local apple orchard/pumpkin patches, The Country Mill, to get our Fall on. 

We were not allowed to pick apples this year because of a rough crop. I remember 2 weeks of warm sunny weather in March. The babies were newborn and my mom was staying with us and I was so grateful for the sunshine. But it is that warm spell that messed up the apples, so I guess we paid for it, because we sure missed picking them. It was crazy to see the trees so bare, since last year they were hanging heavy with apples. But we still had fun. We invited some friends and enjoyed playing, seeing animals, feeding fish, hayrides, picking pumpkins, doughnuts and cider, and my personal favorite cider slushy. We did get to pick apples, just out of large bins instead of off the tree. A sad substitute, but they still made delicious apple crisp.

[Carly and G feeding fish.]

[G's dad was nice enough to pull the heavy load.]

[cute kids.]

[hay riding.]

[can you find any apples?]



[Q hearts cider.]

[eyeing the doughnuts.]

[John spent a good chunk of the day passed out in the carrier.]

 [exploring.]

I have to admit, I had major reservations about going with the twins. I always do because everything gets exponentially more complicated when you factor them in. But they loved it and were total superstars. Carly had lots of fun and really liked that her little buddy came too. Add in the beautiful weather and it was just about the perfect day.

Happy Fall.

No comments: