Friday, September 19, 2008

He Done Good in English Class

I know I've already posted today, but I'm in a strange giggly mood and can't think of anything I feel like writing extensively on, so there is a good chance I'll do several short posts throughout the day. Check back.

The most recent thing that made me laugh out loud in an embarrassing way in this very quiet office is . . .

I was reading up on my Penguins (to understand the beginning of my hockey fandom revolution, click here) and found an article about how one of the players fell into head coach Michel Therrien during practice and knocked him down. Here is what the headline said:





Therrien felled during practice




Oh, wow. I don't know if its just my giggly-condition right now or if its really that funny, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you use the word 'felled'. I can't stop laughing. Tears of laughter.
(Wait, my confidence is waning. Is that the way you use felled and I'm just an idiot?)
Late Edit: so my good friend Lauren informed me that "felled" is used when describing chopping down a tree. So if the headline was an comparing Therrien to a tree coming down, it works perfectly. And come to think of it, that's probably what it was doing. I read it like it was supposed to say Therrien Fell During Practice, which is a crappy headline anyway, but when you replace 'fell' with 'felled', it makes it that much more funny. So I'm just uneducated in lumbering terms, but that made it all the more funny.
Speaking of my Penguins, I also saw this picture of my boyfriend Sid Crosby getting primped for the team photo shoot. Isn't he so cute like a puppy?


Ok, I'll shut up about my Penguins now.

3 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Hahaha. I believe the word "felled" is in reference to chopping down a tree, so... you decide. :)

L said...

I thought the same thing when you wrote "felled." Today I was watching Fox News and on the bottom caption it was supposed to say "Revere" but whoever typed it in spelled it Rever. Seriously?

Jason and Jessie said...

I love it when something like that happenes. It makes me laugh out loud too. Congrats on the full time job by the way!