Monday, September 29, 2008

These are MY confessions - the manly version

Ok, I rarely post on this blog because Erin is an extremely creative person and her posts would put mine to shame. However, her last blog about 13 confessions that few people know about intrigued me and so I've decided to make a confession list of my own. And by the way I can't believe my wife was beguiling me into getting her water!!! I thought she was completely innocent! Now the games will begin....

1. I love to cook. No seriously, you can all stop laughing. My closest friends know that before I married Erin, I didn't know how to cook chicken. Wow, that is very embarrassing. My meals consisted of nachos and toast. Now I'm constantly looking up recipes, studying great chefs like my mom and Erin's dad, and trying new things. I'm not very accomplished yet but I make a mean corn chowder!

2. Again my closest friends know and have mocked me for some time now, but I can't burp. Yea, make fun of my manliness or whatever, but I can't do it. Oh my sisters can knock buildings down. Really, they will lay waste to anything with one belch, but I just can't do it. When I try (and I've tried, believe me) I just throw up! So I constantly make these strange sounds from my chest, known to my family as a "YAR" because that's what it sounds like. My dad can't either. Genetic perhaps?

3. I have two career choices I would have loved to do if it were possible/rational..... The starting third baseman for the Chicago Cubs or a demolition expert in the military.

4. I love fast food. Much like Erin is addicted to Chocolate, I absolutely go nuts over cheeseburgers. I love them, especially the huge ones. We never go to fast food restaurants, because I really enjoy it and because its slightly unhealthy. I let go once with cheeseburgers.... it was on our honeymoon. In six days, I consumed 7 cheeseburgers - something might be wrong with me.

5. I really love the west (not including California, new Mexico, or Nevada). The mountains, the air, the camping! Even though I've always lived in the Midwest, I want to settle in the mountains. Montana would be so nice, but Erin won't allow it.

6. I met Elder Russell M. Nelson on my mission and he made fun of me. I think. I'm really quite gullible.

7. I drink out of the milk jug.... especially when Erin is not watching.

8. I have no control over my emotions when watching "I am Legend". The part when he is forced to kill his dog and only friend, Samantha, because she is infected with the virus, makes me cry every time. I was actually crying in the movie theater the first time we saw it, I felt pitiful. Chick flicks are comical to me. Depressing movies I find very stupid. But "I am Legend"...... that will get the waterworks going. That's right, I love dogs.

9. When I was a kid, I was a fan of es cargo. Not the edible kind. My mom said I used to pick snails up off the sidewalk and just chew them up. Now I don't remember this, so its not for sure. Those of you that know my mom know she is very capable of deceit:).

10. Spiders really scare me. I don't have bad dreams about murders or kidnappings, but about huge, violent, terrifying spiders and sometimes velociraptors. I check the sheets at night to make sure they are not in there waiting for me. No I'm not ashamed!

11. I often wear a pair of snoopy pajama pants my mother gave me three Christmases ago. On them Charlie Brown says, "I don't have any girlfriends.... all I have is a dog."

12. I think of my best friends and ex roommates as brothers in every sense.

13. Still sleep with same brown blanket as I did when I was a kid. It is to this day unmatched in pure comfort, insulation, and security.

I don't think I'll tag anyone, because that's kinda wierd.

5 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

excuse me, you study jedd's cooking? hello! does mowed grass ring a bell?

hee hee

Caroline said...

Chris I have a confession just like you, I loovvee fast food hamburgers. Love the post, you should do it more! Oh, and next time you are in town, we'll let you do the cookin'

Lauren Davison said...

Hahaha. "Clever girl..." Just had to throw that in there. :)

Lauren Davison said...

p.s. IRON MAN IS OUT AS OF TODAY!!

Lanenga Family said...

Chris--too funny! By the way, you should include California in your love of the west. There are parts of California that are fabulous even if parts are not. You guys should come out here and we will show you a good time! I can still remember the time you and Matty were terrified of that spider crawling on the whiteboard and I was the only one who would kill it while you both screamed. What pansies! :) We miss you guys!