Monday, September 29, 2008

These are My Confessions

Have you ever heard that Usher song about confessions? Its horrible.

Anyway, I was tagged a while back, and since I cannot think of anything else to blog about this time around (I'm getting desperate, considering I've been blogging about Swedish hockey arenas and bad headlines that aren't really bad) I figured I'd go ahead and do it. So lets get on with it:

13 Confessions

1. I love watching random movies on TV at 2 in the morning. One time we watched "Cold Mountain" from 1 am to 4 am, then had to go to our friends' wedding in Salt Lake the next morning. It was bad.

2. I can't take a shower under 20 minutes. Actually, 20 minutes is pushing it.

3. My most rebellious teenage act was when I didn't speak to my parents for a week. Then I realized they were right.

4. I have stolen from a store a grand total of once in my life. It was a chocolate chip. I was standing next to one of those big bulk bins in the grocery store (I was probably 8 or 9) and saw a bin full of chocolate chips. I'm a sucker for chocolate, so I reached in when my mother wasn't looking and popped one chip in my mouth. It tasted so horrible. Disgusting. I knew instantly what had happened: God had cursed the chocolate chip so it would taste bad because stealing was wrong. I felt horrible. As I walked away I glanced up and saw the sign above the bin: "Sugar-free Chocolate Chips." So that's why it tasted horrible; talk about a guilty conscious. Nevertheless, the lesson stuck and I never stole again.

5. I'm a sucker for chocolate (see #4). We no longer keep it in the house because I have absolutely no self control.

6. I miss being a student. A lot.

7. I don't have a biggest fear. I'm afraid or nervous about a lot of little things, but I don't really have one thing that terrifies me more than anything else.

8. There are certain people that I dislike for absolutely no valid reason. I try to fight it and push it back and ignore it, but I can't help but not like them. (No worries, I can assure you that it isn't you.) Most of the time it happens with total strangers/random not-so-famous people. A few examples are Rick Fox and Kim Clijsters.

9. Sometimes I say things like "I'm thirsty" in front of Chris because I know he'll get up to get me some water. Then when he does I'll say "Oh, no I didn't mean for you to have to get up. I'll get up in a second." But he gets up anyway because he is good to me. And I know he'll get up anyway. Isn't that evil?

10. I love celebrity gossip: People magazine, E! News, etc. Its a horrible waste of time.

11. I blog stalk. (But, honestly, who doesn't?)

12. Sometimes I don't call home because it makes me too homesick. Its easier to pretend home doesn't exist.

13. I truly adore Dr. Pepper.

I tag: Dore, Lindsay, Caroline

2 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

i would feel bad if you weren't homesick. but thankful that it hasn't kept you from living your life. it's all good.

so should i send you chocolate in your birthday package or not?

Caroline said...

Erin your confessions shock me! Just teasing, you are hilarious. Does the tag mean that it's my turn to give 13 confessions? Oh my. I especially like the one about watching movies late at night (we always get suckered into the P90X advertisements). And I like that you love celeb gossip, just like my sister. You are great!