Monday, February 23, 2009

My Awards Show Has a First Name


it's O-S-C-A-R!


Thanks to my new place in the Eastern Time Zone, the Oscars came on at 8:30 last night. Oh-so-late for me. But I survived about half of it. By the time I went to bed I was pretty fed up with the anti-religious propaganda. I wish they'd just show up in their pretty or not-so-pretty dresses, hand out 10 really important awards, and call it a night. The writer of Milk was horribly bigoted against religion, ironic considering he's protesting bigoted behavior against gays. And I'm grateful I missed Sean Penn's inflamed speech. I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

However, Hugh Jackman did great. No dirty or political jokes. Just music and dry wit. And Heath Ledger and Kate Winslet won. They were the only two I really cared about. I did really want Brangelina NOT to win. I'm not a big fan of either of them. I don't know what it is; guess I don't like adultery or creepy people.
As sweet justice, Jennifer Aniston looked gorgeous up on that stage.

Anyway, the only part that really matters (funny, since it really doesn't even matter), is the dresses. So let's take a look.


Erin's Worst Dressed of 2009

Vanessa Hudgens's dress should only be worn on a 6'4'' model.
Jessica Biel forgot to remove her napkin after eating dinner
Miley Cyrus's fish dress
In the words of my mother: Beyonce, I'm not sure I can handle that!
People who looked gorgeous on stage and
only semi-gorgeous in photographs:

Natalie Portman
Jennifer Aniston

Erin's Best Dressed 2009:

Kate Winslet

Taraji P. Henson (nominated for Doubt)
And my favoritest: Penelope Cruz

4 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I hated Beyonce's dress, I mean really? Miley's wasn't horrible for me, but I definitely agree with the purples- Alicia Keyes was wearing a beautiful purple-pink dress also.

Jessica said...

I agree, what was beyonce thinking? The sad thing is that dress was killer expensive and she looked quite strange in it.I loved Kate Winslet, she is such a sweetheart and looked delightful.

Stacey said...

Erin- I totally think you are one of the coolest people ever. Coming in second just to my husband. Your blogs are always so fun to read and totally entertaining. You should become a professional blogger.

beckster said...

Good stuff, sis. I agree. I, unfortunately, stayed up and so I got to hear Sean Penn. Have no fear, I threw something at the tv. It was a rolled up pair of socks, but it was enough. But Kate Winslet was ADORABLE. I loved Halle Berry, too. She looked awesome. And Meryl. But then...she's Meryl. She gets away with anything. Hugh Jackman was amazing. He should be permanent.