Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine-less

Its Friday the 13th. And I found $10 in the pocket of a coat I haven't worn for a while. Not so unlucky after all. What is unlucky is that I am Valentine-less on this Valentine weekend. Chris is in the distant land of Birmingham, Alabama at a conference for his program. As of last night, he is really enjoying it, so I'm really glad he went. But I miss him. We will be doing a Valentine make up next weekend. This weekend I will be putting the house back together (hopefully)---did I ever mention we moved? Well, we did. It was insane, but we'll be saving money and it only takes having a baby on the way to remind you how poor you are. So the new place is full of boxes and random stuff all over that I have no idea where to put (the new place has significantly less storage). That will be a party. The movie Sabrina, mac and cheese, grocery shopping, and unpacking: welcome to my Valentines day. I'm so blessed~~to have a tv, food, home, and husband.

Well, I was tagged by new-mommy Stacey. So I figured it would be a fun thing to do on this treat-filled, $10-finding Friday the 13th.

The Big 8
8 THINGS ABOUT ME
Here are the Rules:
1) Post rules on your blog
2) Answer the six '8' items
3) Let each person know by leaving them a comment
PS these are NOT in order.

8 FAVORITE TV SHOWS
1. Man vs. Food
2. Biggest Loser
3. John and Kate Plus 8
4. Life
5. What Not to Wear
6. Gilmore Girls
7. The West Wing
8. 30 Rock

8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1. Went to work
2. Attempted to make stir-fry
3. Spilled rice all over my stove and kitchen floor
4. Ate 3 ice cream bars
5. Took a nap on my lunch break
6. Unpacked my clothes and shoes
7. Said good-bye to my hubby
8. Talked to my mommy

8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO
1. Finding out if we are having a boy or a girl
2. Spring weather
3. Putting together a baby room
4. Graduating from BYU!
5. Going to Idaho/Utah for graduation
6. Feeling my baby move around and kick
7. My home being put together
8. My husband coming home

8 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS
1. Abuelos
2. Jimmy Johns
3. PF Changs
4. Chick-fil-A
5. Chilis
6. Pier 49 GF pizza
7. Ming's
8. Texas Roadhouse (usually, not right now)

8 THINGS ON MY WISH-LIST
1. A house
2. Staying at home when baby comes
3. Chris to find the perfect PhD program
4. That perfect PhD program to be in the West
5. A warm beach with my husband
6. Being closer to family
7. Healthy pregnancy
8. Healthy baby

8 PEOPLE I TAG
1. Debbie D.
2. Dore J.
3. Becky C.
4. Sarah C. (for your new blog!)
5. Cami M.
6. Amy W.
7. Dominique Q.
8. Jessie K.

Enjoy your Valentine's Weekend!

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Bummer about your absent valentine! But hey--mac and cheese and chick flicks ALMOST makes up for it!

.....


well, sorta almost....

MER said...

I will say, good sir, I was on beyond surprised that Chuck-Happy-More-Food-Than-You-Can-Shake-A-Stick-At-In-Your-Face-O-Rama wasn't on the list. So life really does get better eh?

WeBeR FaM said...

Bummer that your valentine is gone! Oh and I don't think I ever told you but congrats on being pregnant! You will do awesome!

TD Quong said...

3 ice cream bars sounds like a totally awesome Friday the 13th. And $10 in a coat--I would feel rich. I saw a black cat when I pulled into the parking lot at work on Friday, but nothing went significantly wrong, so I guess I'm okay. Hope your pregnancy is going well. I'm very happy for you!