Monday, May 4, 2009

26 Years Ago

This baby boy showed up in the world.He only got cuter as he grew.
Then one day he met me.
Not gonna lie; he makes me pretty happy.
I'm glad he came into the world.
Thanks Pat and Lisa, I appreciate it.

I was looking at Chris the other day and it struck me: he's looking older. But he's aging really well, in my opinion. Its been 4 years since we met (almost). I look back at pictures of when we were dating and we look like kids. But looking at him yesterday still makes my heart flutter. And watching our baby grow in my tummy only makes me love him more. Its amazing how it works that way. You fall more in love as time passes and major events happen--not less.

Chris, I was going to do something clever: "26 reasons I love you" or "26 ways you make me happy". But instead this is all I have to say: The last almost-4 years have been wonderful; the best, hardest, easiest, happiest, most eventful and exciting days of my life. But I have a feeling the next 50 will only be better. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. I can't wait to see you as a smitten daddy, a rookie professor, a little league coach, a dad to a teenage girl(s), and a retiree. I can't wait to see your newly forming wrinkles get deeper and your hair turn gray. That's the best part about it: I'll feel the same way then as I did on June 24, 2006, and as I do today. And when we're done here, we'll get to keep going. We'll look like kids again, and feel like kids again. We'll get to be together. That's what matters. I'm so glad you showed up on Earth, so I could find you (or maybe you found me?). I love you very much.

Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

happy birthday chris! thanks for bringing so much happiness into erin's life. does a mother's heart good.

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday ole' man