Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baseball Fever and a Fatal Disease

Baseball fever is still severe at Our House.
We get WGN (Chicago), Cincinnati sports, and Sports South.
This enables us to watch a lot of Cubs games.
Its been heaven.
We often joke that the two sounds Lil' we recognize the most are
the SportsCenter theme music and the sound of a baseball game.
I don't see anything wrong with that.
~
Knoxville is actually home to the Cubs
AA team, the Knoxville Smokies.
Chris's parents' friends' son is a pitcher
on a team that plays the Smokies.
They hooked us up with some free tickets in a great location
(isn't that nice?).
It was a great time at a beautiful ball field on a beautiful night.
~
Chris loves when I make him pose by himself in front of things.
Here he is at the field.

Sights and sounds of summer.
The three of us. (Yes, I know I'm huge.)
Nothing says "summer" like soft-serve in a miniature baseball helmet.
Lil thoroughly enjoyed it. She applauded whenever the crowd did.~
So,
The Fatal Disease?
Have you ever heard of nesting?
Turns out its real.
Horribly, painfully real.
The all-time best nesting story comes from my mother. She was a week or so away from her scheduled c-section with her second (my older brother, Jason) and saw a piece of wood lying around. "Hey, I think I could make a table out of that," she thought. So she started sawing the wood into pieces and hammering nails and built a table . . . and broke her water. So I figure if I'm ready to get Lil' out in August, I'll consider furniture construction.
~
I would love to be at home cleaning, washing clothes, and doing all manner of crafts. However, I'm blessed to be stuck at a desk 10 hours a day. This leads to an overwhelming desire to online shop: bows, headbands, curtain rods, changing tables. They are all a click away. I'm tres proud that I have yet to make a single online purchase.
~
The same cannot be said for shopping at an actual store. Ever heard of Hobby Lobby? It is my heaven and hell all wrapped in one. Heaven is the 80% off isles; hell is all the other isles full of delicious craft and home decor goodness that doesn't have a place in our budget (or our little apartment). I could easily drop $1000 in Hobby Lobby . . . per visit. I'm proud to say, however, that I've stuck to the 80% off isles and spent less than $20 total on these gems:
Haven't decided if this sign is referring to me or Lil; I'm guessing Lil:

A good motto for us all:
Every princess needs a place to hang her crowns:
{I remember vowing I'd never use "baby pink" in my baby girl's room.
Obviously, I totally failed at that one.}
~
Lil's room is actually coming together nicely. It won't be anything super fancy, but we just wanted a separate place of peace all her own, even if she's sleeping in our room the first few months. I like to think we have the Spirit in our home, but the Spirit in Lil's room is something a little extra. Somewhere to put a perfect little spirit fresh from Heaven.
Just what we were aiming for.
~
Now we just need Ikea to sent us the rest of our crib.

3 comments:

Michael said...

that story about mom, jason, and the table is crazy!--I'd never heard that before.

niece is going to be quite the little princess, it looks like =)

TD Quong said...

Good self control holding back! That's ROUGH! Cute pickings from Hobby Lobby. I've heard of that place, but I think I better stay away....I don't know if I could be as strong as you!

sam and kyrsten said...

great finds! everything is super cute and will fit perfectly for a little girls room! i think i recognize that little bow hanging on the crown holder. :)