Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm as big as a house.

This is what I've been told anyway.
However, that same person also called me "crippled".
So we'll take it for what its worth.
I prefer to think of myself as a 2 bedroom apartment
rather than a whole house.

~
Other tidbits for today:
~
Its the 12th. Ladies and gents, we are 2 months out from the due date. I would love an August 4th birth. Sound random? Well, for optimal insurance benefits I really need to work at least 1 day in August. So that's why. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this kid is in no hurry. I feel like she isn't going anywhere until she's "supposed" to, or maybe even a week after that. I have no idea, really, but that's how I feel. We'll see.
~
I love my doctor. Have I ever said how great he is? He is really great. And I think he appreciates that we're married and responsible and healthy--because I'm sure he sees all sorts of strangeness here in TN. He also thinks I'm totally crazy, meaning he knows me pretty well, because I'm totally crazy. But he is never in a rush to get us out and always chats with us about whatever. In fact, last night he flagged me down in Walmart (didn't know doctors went to Walmart). He introduced me to his son and we chatted. He asked me how I was doing and I told him about my recently increased nausea and vomiting activities (you'd think I was 2 months into pregnancy, not 2 months from being done). All right there in the check-out line. Anyway, the thing I was thinking about is we got him by total chance. When I got the Big Positive the first week of December, I just called around to the Doctors in my insurance book, looking for the soonest opening. He had the soonest opening. It was a HUGE tender mercy of the Lord, because doing this whole pregnancy thing is scary enough so far from home and my mom. I can't imagine having a doctor I didn't like and trust. He has been such a blessing.
~
I'm still angry at Ikea. They agreed to sent us replacement pieces for our crib for free. Great. Yesterday (10-14 business days later) the package arrived. It contained about 45% of the pieces we told them we needed. Alas, we are still crib-less.
~
We've been working on Lil's room. We have a rather small budget, but I pride myself on my deal finding, so its coming along. However: we have a giant blank wall that I can't think of anything to do with. A changing table of some sort will hopefully go against that wall, but above it is large and empty. I thought of a frame collage, but turns out frames are really expensive. Any inexpensive and crafty ideas?
~
Tonight my Pens play for the Stanley Cup Championship. They have to play against Detroit, in Detriot. Its going to be a tough battle. To have a little Cup Party, Chris and I will be making IHOP style strawberry whipcream pancakes and rootbeer floats. And possibly brownies. I'll make sure to get a workout in tomorrow morning.
~
Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You are not big at all! You look great! Seriously, I wish I looked like you do! As far as the 'couponing' goes...its nationwide and I love it. I am not good yet, but its fun to save so much money. Pinchingyourpennies.com is a great resource and has 101 tutorials. Email me if you want to get started and have come questions!

Melissa The Beautiful said...

You can get some pretty inexpensive frames at DI or the Goodwill. Unless you are looking for matching frames!

I can't believe you are only two months from your due date! You look great!