Sunday, April 4, 2010

happy easter.

[an Easter card from my mother]
isn't that hilarious?
~
We had a fabulous Easter here at the C house. The Easter Bunny did show up. S/he was considering skipping up since s/he had been out of town all week, but yesterday ran to Walmart to pick through the remaining baskets to find one just right for Carly. S/he then stuffed it full of things recently sent to Carly from both grandmas and a few jars of her favorite baby foods and called it good. We went to get her this morning and found her standing in her crib. That, along with another new hobby mean a whole new phase for the C house.
As it was General Conference today, Carly didn't get to wear her Easter dress. So I put it on her anyway and tried to get her to pose for some pictures. Its getting impossible to get her to sit still, so she isn't looking at the camera for any of them. Spells trouble for our monthly shoots.

Oh, what is Carly's new hobby, you ask?
Crawling.
Everywhere.
And getting into . . . everything.
[we have video. it will come.]
Here we have proof of the devastation she can
cause when I watch Conference for a minute or two.
I'm going to have to learn how to adjust to this new very-mobile child of mine. Looks like I will be breaking open our never-used pack & play.
But Easter was wonderful. We had an unconventional Easter feast of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I also made my favorite: deviled eggs. Though they didn't turn out as good as my dad's. Of course. Mostly we just enjoying hanging out just our little family.
~
We loved Conference. We actually heard some of it, which was amazing. My flavs: Elder Bednar, Elder Perry, and Elder Holland. Elder Holland is my favorite every single time so I looked for others so I could mix it up a bit. Oh, and I loved the talk on mothers . . . think it was Elder Foster of the 70. There were lots of talks about mothers and the Youth. Gave me a lot to ponder on considering I'm a new mother and called to serve in the Young Women.
~
Last night Chris and I read the account of the crucifixion in Matthew 27 and plan to read on the Resurrection account in Matthew 28 tonight. I highly recommend a reading. Its amazing that I've heard the story 1,000 times, but every time I read it it pricks my heart and touches my soul.
I'm so very grateful for my Savior, for His sacrifice. I'm grateful that 3 days after that sacrifice, He rose from His tomb to live again.
~
I know He lives.
~
Happy Easter.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I've said this a million times, but Carly is beautiful. Her dress is so pretty too!

Glad you're back. HOpe you're ready for some softball! :)

Oh and PS I LOVE deviled eggs. Kase does not so I never make them. but YUM!

Laura and family said...

Ok, I seriously cannot believe she's standing up! STOP GROWING CARLY.

Her dress is so sweet.. love those pics :)

Cami and Juan said...

You are so good at taking pictures, you need to turn that hobby into a profession girl!