Friday, April 2, 2010

reunited and it feels so good.

As I stumbled from my hotel room in SLC this morning at 3:55, I was seriously doubting my ability to get Carly and I home alive. With just over 2 hours of sleep and nothing in my tummy, I felt weak and nauseous. We had a 6 am flight to Dallas, a three hour layover, and another flight on to Knoxville. There was no way. Surely we would die on the way.
~
You know how you hear stories about people on early morning flights and there is some baby that won't stop screaming and drives everyone crazy? Today, Carly was that baby. She was not happy at all about being dragged out of bed at such a crazy hour, and as we sat on the plane as the wings were de-iced she let everyone know it. It wasn't until half way through the flight and about 10 near-tear experiences on my part that I got her to sleep. Thank goodness for the nice lady from Park City next to me, and the little kids across the isle who made funny faces at her. They saved me today.
~
But we did, in fact, survive. And my handsome husband has never looked so good. I came home to a surprise: the Gap sunglasses I've been eyeing for a while. Perfect for Kville's current 80+ temperature (quite the contrast from Utah's snow). Then Carly slept in her room and I slept on the couch while Chris hobbled around and made me one of my favorite dinners. Husband of the year award, to be sure.
~
sunglasses to hide the dark circles under my eyes.
daddy and daughter reunited.

[sorry about my phone-quality photos]

We are awfully happy to be home with our man. Life was a bit incomplete without him.

We did have a fabulous time though. And don't you fret, tales of our wild wild west vacay will come. I will even upload real pictures from the camera.

But for now I'm going to sleep.

Happy Conference Weekend.

2 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

missing you.

Cami and Juan said...

I hate the nightmare of airplanes and babies. I'm so sorry! The best part is you'll never see those people again, so no worries.