Friday, February 17, 2012

the little things.


Its been a tough few weeks, and a tough few days.
Infections, medicines, medicine side-effects, and a big big baby belly.
It has left me melancholy, and questioning how much more I can handle.
I told Chris if I could just be pregnant, that would be great.
It looks like we're about at the end of it all (fingers crossed),
so if I could have two weeks of relative peace before babies, that would be great.

Left in the wake, is our sweet Carly.
Not enough attention.
Way too much tv.
She's been acting out, and her usual energetic spirit seems not-so-bright.

I've been praying hard for help.
For me, but mostly for her.
And today it came in the smallest way: sunshine.
The sun came out and the temperature rose just enough.
We went outside and colored with chalk.
Then we walked to our little park and swung on the swings and slid down the slide.
While I was pushing her, she giggled and exclaimed "This is so fun!"
And I knew when all this craziness passes, and somehow our life comes back together with two new pieces added to the mix, we'll all be ok.
It was a little thing that made a big difference.

This pregnancy has been long and challenging.
But I try very hard never to call it a trial.
How could something that ends in two new lives be a trial?
How could carrying these babies full-term ever be something to complain about?

The Lord has blessed us in more ways than I can count.
He sends us sunshine, literally and figuratively, when we can't take one more cold dark day.
I'm very grateful.

Yay for answered prayers.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

Carly is going to be fine. She is going to have so much fun when those babies come. And maybe she'll have a few extra meltdowns, but it will stabilize once all the changes slow down. That's what has happened with Amelia, and she is back to her happy, silly self and is LOVING having Maya here as part of the fam.