Saturday, February 11, 2012

ready to pop.

Its been a long week.
On Monday my cough/cold morphed into a sinus infection.
You know, where your head feels like it might explode and you have stabbing pains and intense migraines?
It's like that, y'all.
Luckily, I had a doctor appointment the next day, and he gave me medicine for it.
Unfortunately, it is weak-sauce pregnant lady medicine that could take 9-14 days to work.
So every morning I spend about 4 hours suffering from an intense, debilitating migraine.
The Claritin-D kicks in around 1, and then I can actually open my eyes and speak.
And by 2 I'm fully functional.
Every day.
So Carly has been watching lots of movies.
Way too many movies.
And I am SO OVER IT.
I was wondering if I could handle the discomforts of late-pregnancy much longer.
Well, I decided I definitely can, as long as this sinus infection goes away soon.
Please, meds, work soon.
My head is ready to pop.

However, I got to end my week on a high note.
Two wonderful friends from my ward threw me a baby shower today.
It was at 2 (just in time for me to be fully functional!).
And the theme was "Ready to Pop".
My friend Camilla said she thought it was fitting since people have been asking me since 28 weeks if I'm due "any day now". It turned out really cute, and I'm grateful for the friends who gave it and the friends who showed up to support us as we begin this wild adventure.

[the cute set-up.]


The had lots of cute things that went with the theme:
pop corn
Italian soda "pop"
cake pops
pop rocks.




[co-hostess Camilla showing off the Italian creme soda. yummers.]

[co-hostess Rebecca conducting the games.]

I was lousy at taking pictures, but got one with the hostesses.


It was really cute and a lot of fun.
We got lots of sweet gifts, and LOTS of diapers, which is really what we need most at this point!
We're lucky to have such wonderful people around us.

xoxo.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is so cute! I'm glad you had a nice shower!

Lindsey Chadwick said...

and you still look beautiful..even with two big babies inside of you and a migraine!!! My mom gets those all the time, they are HORRIBLE! 'm so sorry! But I can't wait to see what your cute little babes look like! :)