Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering

Well, despite two weeks, and a particular weekend, from hell (in reference to the place~that's ok, right? ha ha) I finished my last assignment yesterday morning. My finals are ordered and will both be taken on March 28 and hopefully make it back to Provo by April 3. If not, I can't imagine them telling me I can't graduate because my Independent Study tests were a day late. We'll pray they're more generous then that. No, actually we'll pray the tests will travel fast. So I'm feeling good, though I'm a little worried about actually passing my finals, but I've got a week and a half to prepare so that should be manageable.
~
For those who've wondered (I know~its been keeping you up at night), I did drop my minor. It turned out to be a blessed decision. I was too sick for too long to get all the work done I needed to, and definitely would not have graduated on time if I had kept it. And I'm really not torn up about it. I feel good, so I know it was a good decision.
~
Chris is doing good. He's on Spring Break, which is his first Spring Break since high school (thanks, BYU). Unfortunately I have to work and the first two days were spent caring for and calming down a stressed out wife who frequently burst into tears. But this morning he's going golfing with a friend, then this afternoon gets to see his baby, then tonight gets to talk about registering with a no-longer-freaked-out-nice-again wife. So things are looking up. He has truly been my rock through these first months of sickness and then through this school fiasco. I don't know how he deals with me and all the responsibilities he has at church and school. I'm so grateful for him. He's really held our home together while I've been somewhat of a wreck. I call him my Superhero. And then I get the Enrique Iglesias song "I can be your hero, baby" stuck in my head and sing it for hours. He especially enjoys that.
~
I leave for Idaho/Utah a month from today. I really really can't wait. After this, we won't be getting back west until Christmas probably so I'm going to suck all that clean dry mountain air in to get me through a muggy southern summer. And I can't wait to see my mountains. And my daddy. And my little brother play baseball. And go baby shopping with my mom (start saving, mom~~ha ha). Its just nice to go home. Oh, and it will be nice to get that whole graduating from college thing OVER WITH. I'm so ready for that. I never thought college would be something I felt ready to be done with; something I felt as though I was ready to move on from. Its strange. It may also have something to do with the wiggling I can feel in my abdomen.
~
Well, there is a little update. We see our precious baby today. I'm praying he/she will have 10 fingers and 10 toes, and a plethora of perfectly formed, healthy organs. Thats all I want, as I'm sure thats what all parents want. I'd take that and be perfectly fine if we couldn't see if we're having a boy or girl. BUT I really want to see, so I'll be following the old wives' tale of drinking orange juice to make the baby move around. Crossing fingers.
~
I was looking back and realized I haven't posted any pictures of us since the beginning of December. Thats lame; I know pictures are the funnest part. I'll get on that. Of course, I'll have to start taking some pictures . . .
~
Oh, and did I mention I am back?
Officially.
I'm no longer pretending to take a break while
I continue to post once a week and check a blog or two each day.
Now I'm really back.
Good thing. I know I missed you.

6 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Oooo, good luck with finding out the gender~ I have never heard that orange juice thing..that is interesting!

Stacey said...

The first ultrasound is the best! Enjoy every minute of it!

Cami and Juan said...

You're so close to being done with school. It will feel so good. And have fun finding out if it's a boy or girl!

Karen Thomas said...

so glad you chose orange juice over dr. pepper.

Lauren Davison said...

Man--how stinkin' exciting! :)

sam and kyrsten said...

im glad your back. your posts are always so fun to read. good luck today it will be amazing im sure!