Thursday, March 19, 2009

Madness


I heart March Madness. I really do.
I'm not a rabid college basketball fan during the season.
But who doesn't love March Madness?
Its too much fun.
But this year it has been tainted.
This year I can't turn to ESPN without a continuation of the madness of Obama-mania.
~
Obama filmed a segment with ESPN showing how he filled out his bracket and talking basketball.
Doesn't he have a job?

Now, someone is finally speaking my mind. Coach K, the head coach of Duke and a really classy guy (in my opinion) was asked what he thought of the Prez having Duke not make it very far in the tournament:

"As much as I respect what he's doing, really the economy is
something that he should focus on more than the brackets."

Now people are all up in Coach K's face and saying he's just mad because Obama didn't have Duke getting very far. Maybe Coach K, like anyone else who doesn't worship the ground Obama walks on, thinks maybe Obama should pay a little more attention to the economy than to March Madness. It still sucks, you know (the economy, I mean). Yes, I know Obama is still allowed to be a human. I know he is a huge basketball fan. Thats awesome. Fill out a bracket, relieve a little stress. Even release it to the press if you really want. But a segment on ESPN? A segment they seem to feel the need to play over and over again with no relief for the weary? Where every time I turn to my favorite channel I see the Prez talking basketball, while on CNN his press secretary is saying "I know the economy is still bad, but we inherited it. Its not our fault." I was afraid we were getting a superstar over a president, and so far the first 2 months have not proven me wrong.

(Obama enjoying his fans at a Wizards game.)

Anyway, I just want March Madness sans Barack-etology. Thats all.

2 comments:

Karen Thomas said...

i thought alot of those same things when i saw he was going to make an appearance on jay leno.

beckster said...

So did I, Karen. I think I actually said, "Doesn't he have anything better to do? Aren't there bills to look over and an economy to fix and foreign dignitaries to visit???" But YAY March Madness!!!