Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Man in Brown

The UPS man came into our office today. A common occurrence, for sure, but not so common was the big box he was carrying (we're a paper-receiving office).

I have a package for Erin *lastname*, he said.
That's me! I smiled. I'd been waiting for it.
A package all the way from Idaho?
Yeah, that's where I'm from. Its from my mom.
You're a long way from home . . . its a pretty big package.
She's gonna be a first-time grandma.
Congratulations! You having a boy or girl?
A girl.
That explains the size of the package.
~
He's so right.

I love when the man in brown has a box with my name on it. Its one of life's simple pleasures.
And I really love when the box contains this.
Thank you, Mom and Dad. We love it all. And we love you.
~
~
~
And because I know y'all are dying of curiosity, here's me and Lil' at 22 weeks. (Forgive my hair. I'm having major hair issues these days and can't wait to get it cut in Idaho.)

She's making herself known more and more. People ask me when I'm due now instead of internally wondering how much I ate for lunch. And she's a mover and a shaker. Chris felt her kick through my tummy for the first time this weekend. It was really cool.

She's our little miracle.

A soon-to-be-very-well-dressed little miracle.

6 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

AH! How fun and how exciting! You look great, too!

beckster said...

Hurray!!! I hope Lil will kick for me when I see her next!

Karen Thomas said...

wow, i had no idea you were showing so much. you look fabulous. can't wait to get you here.

Stacey said...

You look great! I've been waiting for those pictures. So cute!

sarah said...

ERIN YOU ARE SO CUTE. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!! ps i have a present for lil =)YAY.

Golden Girl said...

Your Mom is going to be a great Grandma! You are so dang cute!

Dore'