Friday, April 17, 2009

Snap Happy

I was looking through the pictures on my camera last night and found extensive evidence of a strange habit of mine: I take pictures of random inconsequential things that I think I'll want to remember someday. A lot of them I'm glad I captured. Some--not so much. So here's a peek inside the snap happy habits of me:
~
This was taken in December. Following Chris's finals, we went to Maggie Moo's to celebrate. I was about 6 weeks pregnant and nothing else sounded good. But this chocolate with chocolate and chocolate was so delicious. So I took a picture.

~
I took very few pictures at our Christmas at my parents house, but I made sure to get a picture of a cereal box. It was very exciting: Rice Chex is now Gluten-free!
~
Christmas Eve was spent, believe it or not, watching a marathon of 17 Kids and Counting. There is no explanation as to why, we just couldn't stop. Here's a lovely shot of Duggar mom, Michelle, while my brothers hangs ornaments on the tree (no, I didn't get any pictures of us decorating the tree).

~
I have a very sweet husband. One Sunday we got home and I took my heels off. My feet were frozen and purple. I sat down at the table and Chris crawled under the table and wrapped his arms around my feet to warm them up. Isn't that so sweet? Then he proceeded to drift off. I warned him to go to the couch before it was too late, but he was already gone. Instead I brought him a blanket and pillow. And captured this classic moment. This is one I'm glad I caught.

~
Following my finals, I chose my prize to be a fast food hamburger. I chose a triple stack from Wendy's. We got it in a salad plate, minus the bun and add onions, and took it home to the awaiting slices of Gluten-free bread. I had been craving a fast food hamburger for sometime, and it was delicious. I ate it in a matter of minutes, along with a Frosty. An hour later it came back up the way it went down. Lets just say I haven't had that craving since.
~
Opening day for the Cubbies at Our House. That's all I have to say about that.
~
I was walking down a hall in the UT communications building and saw this in the student paper. It was one of those, "wow, I'm really not at BYU anymore" moments. I have no idea why I had my camera, but I did, and this moment was captured forever.
~
Date Night at Our House: A Series

Classic take-it-yourself-picture.
I thought Lil' looked so cute, I indulged in the new trend of the take-a-picture-of-yourself-in-the-mirror picture.
Chris talking on his phone--delaying date night--but looking really gorgeous.
~
Lil's room-to-be. When we moved to the new apartment, we left bedroom #2 empty on purpose. Now its my favorite place. Its empty, obviously, save two selves that are filling quickly, a table that will be removed (we'll get rid of that rug too), and the recently delivered bedding package. But several times a day I'll peak in, excited for what it will look like and house in the months to come.
~
Chris plays on a church league softball team. At his last game, he had a very impressive diving catch in the outfield. It earned him the game ball. I was so proud, so I made him pose for this picture. He enjoyed it, I assure you.

~
And this is my favorite. If I go all crazy over little dresses and shoes, Chris can't pass up a stuffed animal puppy. At our last shopping stop, there was one stuffed puppy left on the shelf(the blue one) and Chris wanted to get it for Lil'. I asked "Do we really need it?" He replied, "We may not need him, but he needs us." So we got him. Lil' now has 4 stuffed puppies. Who knows how many she'll have by the time she gets here. Last night Chris was doing some serious business on the phone with the missionaries, and all four made the trek from Lil's room to ours to pay him a visit. Classic.

~

Someday I'll get better at taking pictures of moments that matter.

But for now, I'm glad I have these.

2 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Hahaha. These were great!

sarah said...

hahahahah. so funny. i love the puppy picture! i'm totally like chris. stuffed animal puppies just steal my heart. i had to pass up a BYU one to get something else for Lil.

ps I LOVE YOUR BELLY. i'm very excited to see it....and your face =)